how many shoes should a man have?

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I have to say both look nice, 11 is a leather sole?

12 - I envision some light pastel color shorts and v neck or polo.
Yes, leather soles on both. The Clergeries really want something more elegant than those jeans, but I wasn’t going anywhere. The Lattanzis would def. work with shorts and a polo, or some linen or khaki trousers.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Yes, leather soles on both. The Clergeries really want something more elegant than those jeans, but I wasn’t going anywhere. The Lattanzis would def. work with shorts and a polo, or some linen or khaki trousers.
The denim works nicely with the clergies, casual Friday at the office vibe. Perhaps some chinos?

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Yeah, I think Chinos would step it up. The thing about those Clergeies is the laces; they’re crying out for something other than denim.
To me the laces demand a colorful pair of pants, some kind of combo for playfulness:
pantsGalore.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I feel I’ve let @Cook.bot down, so I’m playing catch up.
I have been sleeping rather fitfully the past few nights. Perhaps this will do the trick.

Green Shoes #11: Robert Clergerie
For some reason these look like they should be paired with a set of white flannels to attend some type of British sporting event.

Green Shoes #12: Silvano Lattanzi
Wow. Hard to even picture the lifestyle for these. Maybe Dean Martin's valet on his weekend off?

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
This would be a pass for me, the orange outlines are a bit tacky. The soles look a bit tall.
I can see that. But, the Air Force 1 is something of a classic—sort of the Paco Rabanne of kicks—and the orange can work with the orange stitching common in jeans. They're certainly not for everyone—which is good, considering they're now selling for around $1K in the collector's market.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Man, I needed some green shoe relief today. It's been an exhausting day.

Now this is what I love: a totally traditional style in a totally subversive color.
Honestly, that’s my favorite way to go, and this is one of my favorite pairs. Wearing with a dark blue suit for Dr. T.’s inauguration.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

Latest News