Houbigant Fougere Royale vs Houbigant Bois Mystique - which would you recommend me and why?

Sep 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

This is my very first post here at basenotes.
I want to treat myself to an exceptionally luxurious, upscale, elegant and classy fall and winter fragrance, and the house of Houbigant has attracted my attention.

Essentially I need your advice: I'm thinking of buying either Houbigant Fougere Royale or Houbigant Bois Mystique.

Which of these two fragrances would you recommend me and why?

All advice, comments, ideas, suggestions and recommendations are much appreciated!

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

This is my very first post here at basenotes.
I want to treat myself to an exceptionally luxurious, upscale, elegant and classy fall and winter fragrance, and the house of Houbigant has attracted my attention.

Essentially I need your advice: I'm thinking of buying either Houbigant Fougere Royale or Houbigant Bois Mystique.

Which of these two fragrances would you recommend me and why?

All advice, comments, ideas, suggestions and recommendations are much appreciated!

Two beautiful fragrances, that said you're comparing apples and oranges...

FR is a geranium centric fougere, best for daytime wear. Sparkling green.
BM is a spicy/incensy wood-centric fragrance, best for nighttime wear. A fragrance of a rare refinement in the wood/incense category.

None of these two are unique, but they are for sure some of the best in their respective categories.
I only own BM, because I really incense fragrances, and own already several fougeres, and prefer other fougeres to FR.

My choice would be to start with BM, but to also get your nose on FR - at least a sample - it's worth it.

Latest News