Hiram Green thoughts

In Amber

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 12, 2019
I used to have a few samples of the old one. This one is very similar and very good. Maybe with a slight nod to Voyage in the new one, pushing it ever so slightly further into gourmand territory in moments(fleeting moments) than the first. Great stuff.
I didn't get to try the original but took the plunge and ordered through Lux Parfum in the UK who had a sale on . I have Voyage 19 which I love but didn't try the original Voyage, apparently there were more noticeable differences between those two . thanks for the feedback

La Fleur

Apr 24, 2022
I agree that Shangri La and Voyage share brief similarities, throw Coup De Foudre EDP by Bortnikoff in there as well. I'd describe it as a fruity, floral, spicy bubblegum note that's in the top of all 3. The spices/vetiver/moss in the heart/base of Shangri La is very alluring.

Any thoughts on Arcadia? I skimmed the thread briefly and didn't see any.

Nov 19, 2015
I agree that Shangri La and Voyage share brief similarities, throw Coup De Foudre EDP by Bortnikoff in there as well. I'd describe it as a fruity, floral, spicy bubblegum note that's in the top of all 3. The spices/vetiver/moss in the heart/base of Shangri La is very alluring.

Any thoughts on Arcadia? I skimmed the thread briefly and didn't see any.
Coupe de Foudre? I don't get that connection...

I'll have to apply both tomorrow and see if I missed that connection.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
I'm difficult to please when it comes to indie and/or all natural perfumes, I guess I like the polish of my snobby French brands. But, I'd rate Hiram green as among the best indie and best all natural perfumes I've tried. The only brand I like more in the natural category is Di Ser. Heck, overall I'd say the line is quite good even without those qualifiers, I don't want to do the man a disservice, he's doing good work! For my money, his work makes a lot of other brands in the same space looks like amateurs.

My favorite of the bunch was Moon Bloom but the one I'd probably wear the most on the daily is the Vetiver. I also find Arcadia quite nice but I'm not in love with the dry down (for something similar but better IMO, try Chanel Boy). Some of them suffer from what I find in a lot of natural perfume which is they just die in the base, or use base materials that I find unpleasant (Hyde). Slowdive is so amazing for about an hour but then it's meh. And I'm not even complaining about longevity, I just don't like the smell of a lot of base materials I smell in indie and natural perfume brands, but this is totally personal preference.

Nov 19, 2015
Has been sometime since I smelled CdF, but I recall Voyage reminding me of it, and Shangri La reminded me of Voyage. Please report back after trying side by side :)
OK, wearing both today.

When first sprayed they do share something but are still quite different. Shangri La is sweeter and more fruity. I can see how it reminded you of Shangri La.
After they start drying down they spread further apart, Shangri La still much sweeter and fruitier, Coupe de Foudre is darker and heavier and what they shared has now passed. Two completely different fragrances. As we all know, we interpret smells differently, so others may smell more similarities than I.

Both are great fragrances...

La Fleur

Apr 24, 2022
OK, wearing both today.

When first sprayed they do share something but are still quite different. Shangri La is sweeter and more fruity. I can see how it reminded you of Shangri La.
After they start drying down they spread further apart, Shangri La still much sweeter and fruitier, Coupe de Foudre is darker and heavier and what they shared has now passed. Two completely different fragrances. As we all know, we interpret smells differently, so others may smell more similarities than I.

Both are great fragrances...
Thanks for reporting back, I agree that the overlap between the 3 is only in the opening.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...