Hi Folks!

Willis5

Dec 4, 2021
Hi all,

I've been in the background for about a year reading peoples reviews on occasion to help me decide on purchases. I figured that I may as well join up and say hello.
I could also do with some advice on my journey as I have a tendency to blind buy fragrances that I end up giving away to friends as they just don't give me what I'm looking for.

What I'm searching for is also hard to define or describe as it changes based on my mood and the seasons. I do tend to like fragrances that have a greenness to them. At a very basic level I'd love a fragrance that can capture the smell of a forest which may mean something completely different to me than it does to you.

The first fragrance I ever owned was Givency Very Irresistable for men. It was brought back from NYC as a present and I still find it interesting today. I like fragrances that remind me of coffee, chocolate, hazelnuts etc. I love the sesame and tea notes in Davidoff Adventure but overall that's one of the weakest performing fragrances I've ever bought.

The first fragrance I bought with my own money was Bleu De Chanel. However, I'm not too keen on this anymore.

My favorite fragrance depends on the weather/temperature and my mood at the time. If I had a favourite then I wouldn't need to spend time browsing here. :ROFLMAO:

I live in Ireland. A small, beautiful, green, and mostly wet country. There are more shades of green here than you could possibly count. It's a beautiful place with friendly people and good whiskey. :)

For fun I love to play guitar, a mix of classical, metal, blues and rock. I also love hiking, good beer, whiskey, and red wine, especially with good company.

🎵 I'm a big fan of diverse music genres. I don't hate much in the world with the exception of generic, formulaic pop music and bad quality food. I listen to a range of music from Pink Floyd, to Slayer, John Williams, Beethoven, Joe Bonamassa etc.

I just finished watching Ozark which I really enjoyed. The Boys is another series which I really like.

Some of my favourite movies include Monthy Pythons: The Life of Brian, Pulp Fiction, and the Hunt for Red October.

I like sci-fi and non fiction. The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov and the Lord of The Rings Trilogy are probably my favourite series of books.

I have a gaming PC but only game in winter time when the darkness comes. The Witcher 3 is my favourite game by a long mile.

😋 I love most Italian food and a hearty beef guinness stew is a particular favourite. Barbequed meats and roasted vegetables are also high on the list.

🐱 I have a black and white cat. She's cool!

If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read the above and I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Will.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
200.gif

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Hello Willis5......so glad you decided to join us here. I think you'll enjoy it!

If you're looking specifically for "green smelling fragrances that capture the smell of a forest," you might do a search for exactly that. A LOT of former threads (and recommendations) should come up about it. You'll probably be reading for hours. :)

Willis5

Dec 4, 2021
Hello Willis5......so glad you decided to join us here. I think you'll enjoy it!

If you're looking specifically for "green smelling fragrances that capture the smell of a forest," you might do a search for exactly that. A LOT of former threads (and recommendations) should come up about it. You'll probably be reading for hours. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome RedRaider430. I'll certainly have a look. :)(y)

Swamp Princess

Basenotes Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hi all,

I've been in the background for about a year reading peoples reviews on occasion to help me decide on purchases. I figured that I may as well join up and say hello.
I could also do with some advice on my journey as I have a tendency to blind buy fragrances that I end up giving away to friends as they just don't give me what I'm looking for.

What I'm searching for is also hard to define or describe as it changes based on my mood and the seasons. I do tend to like fragrances that have a greenness to them. At a very basic level I'd love a fragrance that can capture the smell of a forest which may mean something completely different to me than it does to you.

The first fragrance I ever owned was Givency Very Irresistable for men. It was brought back from NYC as a present and I still find it interesting today. I like fragrances that remind me of coffee, chocolate, hazelnuts etc. I love the sesame and tea notes in Davidoff Adventure but overall that's one of the weakest performing fragrances I've ever bought.

The first fragrance I bought with my own money was Bleu De Chanel. However, I'm not too keen on this anymore.

My favorite fragrance depends on the weather/temperature and my mood at the time. If I had a favourite then I wouldn't need to spend time browsing here. :ROFLMAO:

I live in Ireland. A small, beautiful, green, and mostly wet country. There are more shades of green here than you could possibly count. It's a beautiful place with friendly people and good whiskey. :)

For fun I love to play guitar, a mix of classical, metal, blues and rock. I also love hiking, good beer, whiskey, and red wine, especially with good company.

🎵 I'm a big fan of diverse music genres. I don't hate much in the world with the exception of generic, formulaic pop music and bad quality food. I listen to a range of music from Pink Floyd, to Slayer, John Williams, Beethoven, Joe Bonamassa etc.

I just finished watching Ozark which I really enjoyed. The Boys is another series which I really like.

Some of my favourite movies include Monthy Pythons: The Life of Brian, Pulp Fiction, and the Hunt for Red October.

I like sci-fi and non fiction. The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov and the Lord of The Rings Trilogy are probably my favourite series of books.

I have a gaming PC but only game in winter time when the darkness comes. The Witcher 3 is my favourite game by a long mile.

😋 I love most Italian food and a hearty beef guinness stew is a particular favourite. Barbequed meats and roasted vegetables are also high on the list.

🐱 I have a black and white cat. She's cool!

If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read the above and I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Will.
Ozark and The Boys - I can dig it! 😎
Hope you enjoy the space here!

Latest News