Hera by Papillon

heavy black heart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 20, 2022
anyone excited for this? I just ordered a bottle because Papillon / Liz Moores - I adore Salome & Spell 125

I also love florals & the story makes me think she gave it all she’s got

Hera

“Hera is the perfume that I created for my eldest daughter to wear on her wedding day. Originally intended to be only for her exclusive use, my daughter Jasmine insisted that she would love to share Hera with the rest of the world.

So, it is with great happiness that I can announce that Hera will be joining the Papillon collection this May. It is a perfume that I am inordinately proud of, especially as I was able to include some of mine and my daughters favourite perfume materials, and because of the sentiment attached to the creation. It is altogether modern but with a subtle nod to vintage fragrances of a bygone era, a creative style that I have become well known for. I hope that you and your customers love this new perfume as much as I do."

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
It goes to show how evocative, idiosyncratic and primal fragrance is, that I could love the notes and yet react viscerally (in a flat-tire, womp-womp sort of way) to the name. That particular mythic figure and narrative are unappealing and uninteresting to me, and I admit to almost making a snap judgement about the perfume on the basis of the name; that reaction simply welled up from within, bypassing the rational censor. And that's where the power lies! Liz Moores always gets it right, and she handles paradox with almost uncanny aplomb and perspective. With every new perfume, she brings a deeper level of maturity, confidence and wisdom (humor, too) to her art. After a bit of self-psychoanalysis, my wariness transformed to vibrant curiosity. What a spell Ms. Moores can weave! Impatient for Luckyscent to stock it.

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Yikes, this is going to cost $350. Although 50ml is a generous amount of extrait, I was not expecting to pay over $300...there is no doubt in my mind that it will be lovely, but the price made me gulp..

heavy black heart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 20, 2022
I'll want to try this for sure. It's not yet available from EU stockists afaik and Papillon don't ship outside UK, so I'll have to wait a bit. Curious to read your impressions!

I wasn’t aware of this because the site let me place an order but I just got a refund

I guess we’ll have to wait for stockists to get it!

Latest News