Help: What's My Next Vintage?

Professor Value

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2019
The Basenotes' monthly Vintage SOTD Threads have made me aware of and led me to try and buy several new-to-me fragrances. I'm seeking a recommendation: which ONE of these, hands down, should I purchase for my next vintage mini-bottle to sample? 🤔
Fendi Uomo
Maxim's Pour Homme
Zegna Pour Homme
Biagiotti Uomo
Carlo Corinto Rouge
Roccobarocco Pour Homme
New West

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
The Basenotes' monthly Vintage SOTD Threads have made me aware of and led me to try and buy several new-to-me fragrances. I'm seeking a recommendation: which ONE of these, hands down, should I purchase for my next vintage mini-bottle to sample? 🤔
Fendi Uomo
Maxim's Pour Homme
Zegna Pour Homme
Biagiotti Uomo
Carlo Corinto Rouge
Roccobarocco Pour Homme
New West
I think you’d like the first two.

Jan 17, 2022
Fendi Uomo
Maxim's Pour Homme
Zegna Pour Homme
Biagiotti Uomo
Carlo Corinto Rouge
Roccobarocco Pour Homme
New West
Hands down JICKY Released in 1889 (133 years and counting). Arguably, the greatest scent of all time.

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
Fendi Uomo
Maxim's Pour Homme
Zegna Pour Homme
Biagiotti Uomo
Carlo Corinto Rouge
Roccobarocco Pour Homme
New West
You should also give Fendi Uomo a chance!

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
From a personal viewpoint alone-whatever you choose from this list is great anyway.
Although personally most inclined to recommend especially Roccobarocco as the absolute favorite from this list, closely followed especially by Fendi Uomo and Biagiotti Uomo as respectable alternative/second options, still aware that all the other ones remain great vintage scents on their own.

Professor Value

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2019
While Zegna and Maxim's mini-bottles are in the mail, I just received and have been testing one that wasn't on my original list: Gianfranco Ferre for Man. While I very much like this scent, performance on my skin is below average, so I don't foresee a full bottle in my future. 😔

Professor Value

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 5, 2019
I misspoke before. The Maxim's mini-bottle I ordered was from a seller in California. From there last Monday, May 9th, USPS sent it to Texas and then it landed in Puerto Rico! It appears to be stuck there for now. Seller already issued a refund, but now it looks like I need to reorder it. I see that two of my other orders are out for delivery today: Zegna and Biagiotti.

Latest News