help me achieve my literal dream: "aramis blue."

Dec 21, 2021
I hope all is well with all of you. Been busy lately but enjoy combing through these forum threads and looking at reviews overall.

I am still hung on procuring a signature scent, a budget one & have some budget to moderate stuff in rotation. I had a dream the other night after asking for my signature scent. (I hope you all try asking for answers in dreams before you go to bed.)

What I got back was verbally "Aqua Velva & Aramis Blue."

I do have some Aqua Velva Ice Blue already because it burns wonderfully almost like Clubman Bay Rum. I like the burn. I like Aramis because it is classic & matches how I dress & carry myself.

I did look for "Aramis Blue" & found Adventurer and Life which are both blue Aramises. I thought I saw where they do not make Adventurer anymore, but maybe a clone? Maybe you can tell me more about one or both of these. I have always thought of myself as more in your face than blue fragrances, Cool Water; but again, I listen to those dreams especially if I asked!

Is there a blue Aramis that is available & that y'all can tell me about a little more? If so, we will go with that. I could always rock Aqua Velva Musk & Aramis Original after Labor Day when it is cooler, not that it ever is that much in South Louisiana but still. Thanks in advance, everyone.

You seem like awesome people!

Dec 21, 2021
There has been a blue Aramis, Aramis New West. Not sure if it’s still being made.

I very much like the idea of looking for your signature scent in your dreams! o_O
New West seems like something I would like & could try inexpensively. Reviews say it is piney (grew up surrounded by pine trees) & strong too.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Alfred Sung Hei has always struck me as a refined version of Aqua Velva. I’ve loved it ever since my wife gave me a bottle years ago, when it was first released. Can’t say if it’s been reformulated, but at its current affordable price it’s worth a blind buy, just as long as BN reviews make it sound like something you’d like.

Givenchy Insense Ultramarine is another blue goodie. Affordable, and the bottle I bought a few years ago punches well above its weight in terms of high-quality scent. Cool bottle, too. Another reasonably safe blind buy.

I’m not sure if either actually qualifies as Aramis + Aqua Velva. I’m starting more from the blue Aqua Velva angle.

Have you invested the $5 or so in a bottle of Aqua Velva Musk? There’s another good value buy. I find older bottles are better, as usual. Still worth it if you’re feeling particularly flush the next time you’re shopping grocery store fragrances.

Toxicon

Basenotes Junkie
May 29, 2021
There has been a blue Aramis, Aramis New West. Not sure if it’s still being made.

I very much like the idea of looking for your signature scent in your dreams! o_O
Great suggestion. Not sure if it's still made, but it's readily available in the Classic Collection version (which unfortunately does not have the beautiful blue bottle it once had). Here's what the old one looked like:

1654733260388.jpeg

I haven't actually tried it, but it sounds pretty fun. I believe @Varanis Ridari has a detailed review of this that's probably worth a look.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Great suggestion. Not sure if it's still made, but it's readily available in the Classic Collection version (which unfortunately does not have the beautiful blue bottle it once had). Here's what the old one looked like:

View attachment 231834

I haven't actually tried it, but it sounds pretty fun. I believe @Varanis Ridari has a detailed review of this that's probably worth a look.
New West is great in the fun, fresh summer fragrance category. I recently purchased a new bottle, good price on it, and it still works very well. Easy to toss into your gym or weekend getaway bag. Great recommendation!

Renato

Basenotes Institution
Oct 21, 2002
The problem with all the Aramis flanker scents I've tried that had bluish liquid or glass, is that none of them actually reminded me in anyway of the original Aramis.

If you want something manly, rough and marine, perhaps check out Antonio Piug's Agua Brava Sea Power.
Regards,
Renato

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

View attachment 231834

It's really good but oddly veers more green to me in the drydown, also if OP truly wants a blue Aramis, he's looking for a leather chypre with aquatic top notes.

Only ones I know of fitting that bill are Polo Blue EdT and Gold Blend EdP. If you want the Aramis aldehyde top to boot, no such scent exists in the aquatic or blue category that I know of, so you may have to go bespoke if you can't find it.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I don’t want to derail this into New West talk but since it’s being bandied about as an answer…I don’t get it. I tried New West a lot long ago when it was a regular Macys product and it always hit me more as a Glade air freshener feel. Maybe I missed the boat or didn’t get it back then but how does it wear on some of you that champion it? I ask because I’ve changed my mind on many after retrying so just wondering.

Dec 21, 2021
I went & looked at the reviews. I'm really watching my budget, but I'm going to buy myself a thing or two start of each month to placate myself into staying extremely frugal the rest of the month.

I might could pull NW off year around. It gets in the 30s-40s F in the winter where I am, sometimes colder for a short time like a few days or so.

NW will be in tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017

View attachment 231834

There is a new iteration of aramis New West. I believe it's one of the fragrances in the Aramis Gentlemen's Collection, and is quite affordable--inexpensive for under $25 on amazon.

LL Cool Spray

Basenotes Junkie
Aug 24, 2008
It's like I saw in one of the reviews or comments or something.
It's like it is dry and arid, yet piney and coniferous all at once.
Pretty cool.
I may use it as one of my "special occasion," like weekend or event scents & keep Old Spice Classic as the go-to

If you maintain your interest in this site, you'll have multiple options for every occasion :)

swellcat

Nov 22, 2021
Since you enjoy a green dream to go with the blue one, I think you might appreciate Venezia.

1655903424853.png

Bright green and persisting for ten hours, Venezia has zoomed to the top of my value list (displacing Cremo Citrus and Mint Leaf) with its princely price tag of 10 USD. Remarkable, really.

Dec 21, 2021
Swellcat, i will be ordering some of this one fine payday & report back to the crew. This is inexpensive & seems like an even more room-filling Polo Green. Whoo, Lord. Ha ha ha.

Latest News