Help dating this Halston Z-14 bottle

ykv1979

May 18, 2017
The batch code is P861 and the label on the bottom of the bottle says it's from "Halston Fragrances Inc. Distr." in New York, NY. No mention of FFI or any other companies.

I tried checkfresh and they don't support the Halston brand, so I tried checkcosmetic, and that batch code returned no data.

Any ideas what year this is?

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
Are you sure that is the batch code? I am getting nothing on any of the sites I use (the ones you mentioned), and checkcosmetic.net says "Error: specified code is not supported, or is not correct."

Sorry but I am not sure what to tell you.

Last edited:

ykv1979

May 18, 2017
Pretty sure that batch code is correct, I just think it's too old for checkcosmetic to have any data on it (hence the error).

Couple of pictures to maybe help.

halston1.jpg

halston2.jpg

Vmaster

Jan 27, 2015
Yep, the batch code is correct.

1974 or 1976, leaning towards 1974, would be my best guess.

Last edited:

ykv1979

May 18, 2017
I wanted to check back in and give an update for the sake of anyone who will dig up this thread in the future.

I still don't know exactly when this juice was produced, but I'm satisfied with it as a window into the past and what Halston Z14 used to be. It's immediately discernible that this is worlds apart from the most recent cinnamon-bomb formula.

After some further digging, I think that the "HALSTON FRAGRANCES INC. DISTR." caption on the label dates this bottle to sometime between 1991 and 1995, according to this timeline: https://cleopatrasboudoir.blogspot.com/2016/01/halston.html

So it may not be a bottle from the 1970s, but since 1990-1991 was right about when I started collecting fragrances, this is undoubtedly the bottle that was available in my "newbie" days, the one I would have been familiar with. As such, it's the time machine I was looking for.

antagoniste

Nov 24, 2011
Hi just noticed your comment, I've just ordered an 8oz splash from enchante perfumes in toronto, canada. Batch code on this one is 994E, it's FFI made in USA, not sure the exact vintage of this one either...

Latest News