Hello! Finally an intro :)

firstascent

Jun 10, 2022
Hi everyone!

Round 2 :) I've actually been on here for a couple months now and tried to post one of these in the beginning but there was an issue with my new account and I couldn't post new threads, only reply to existing. That all got resolved fairly recently...thanks MOD's!

For the longest time I, as everyone else in the world, pretty much only used Acqua Di Gio. I liked it so it worked. every now and then I'd randomly try some fragrances at local stores but never liked what I smelled. No idea what they were and I based everything off of initial (first 1 second sniff) thoughts.

Fast forward many years until just 2-3 months ago when I started actually doing research into other common mass-appealing fragrances build a base but spending more than 1 second with them, learning that things/opinions change from test strip to on-skin, there are such things as phases and dry down, so much I never understood or knew about previously and then everything opened up!

I went from 1 to many and am having a ton of fun! I have some common mass-appealing designer fragrances and just dipping my toes into the Niche world now as well, but still love some of the common ones, like La Nuit de l'Homme (friggin love this one).

I'm still trying to understand what different scents are. I know what an apple or what leather smells like, but what the F is vetiver? How am I supposed to know what that smells like. haha it's a fun process :)

Outside of this I have quite a few hobbies and enjoy anything outdoors (rock climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, motorcycles, etc)

I also have an amazing Siberian Husky named Aurora and she is everything to me and I take her everywhere, EVERYWHERE!

I've already virtually met some of you and can tell it's a great community here. Learned a TON so far and only learning more and more. Excited for smelling and experiencing more :)

See ya around!

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone!

Round 2 :) I've actually been on here for a couple months now and tried to post one of these in the beginning but there was an issue with my new account and I couldn't post new threads, only reply to existing. That all got resolved fairly recently...thanks MOD's!

For the longest time I, as everyone else in the world, pretty much only used Acqua Di Gio. I liked it so it worked. every now and then I'd randomly try some fragrances at local stores but never liked what I smelled. No idea what they were and I based everything off of initial (first 1 second sniff) thoughts.

Fast forward many years until just 2-3 months ago when I started actually doing research into other common mass-appealing fragrances build a base but spending more than 1 second with them, learning that things/opinions change from test strip to on-skin, there are such things as phases and dry down, so much I never understood or knew about previously and then everything opened up!

I went from 1 to many and am having a ton of fun! I have some common mass-appealing designer fragrances and just dipping my toes into the Niche world now as well, but still love some of the common ones, like La Nuit de l'Homme (friggin love this one).

I'm still trying to understand what different scents are. I know what an apple or what leather smells like, but what the F is vetiver? How am I supposed to know what that smells like. haha it's a fun process :)

Outside of this I have quite a few hobbies and enjoy anything outdoors (rock climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, motorcycles, etc)

I also have an amazing Siberian Husky named Aurora and she is everything to me and I take her everywhere, EVERYWHERE!

I've already virtually met some of you and can tell it's a great community here. Learned a TON so far and only learning more and more. Excited for smelling and experiencing more :)

See ya around!
Beautiful post--thank you for sharing. I've seen your beautiful pup, Aurora, over in the "Lounge" section. I think it's awesome you take her so many places. Very cool. Welcome firstascent!

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News