hello all

legioner

Sep 27, 2020
Hello everyone , New to this forum so thought I'd start by introducing myself and giving answers to the questions below.
Perfumery is my hobby ,I am 50+ .. and so about me :

The first fragrance I ever owned was... - Balafre (Vintage) Lancome

The first fragrance I bought with my own money was...-Encre Noire A L'Extreme Lalique

My favorite fragrances is....-Hamdani Parfums de Marly\ Fathom V BeauFort London \ 1697 Frapin\ Gucci Guilty Absolute and other

Tell us a bit about what you do for fun... -shopping 😊

Tell us a bit about what you do for work... -programmer

🎵 Your favourite band / music / album....- king diamond\ACDC\ZZ TOP and other

📺 Your favourite TV Shows... -Discovery TV

🎬 Your favourite Movies....Marvel Cinematic films

📚 Your favourite Books....

🕹️ Your favourite video games.. .UT2004

😋 Your favourite food...-healthy food ))

🐱 Do you have any pets? no

🎉 What's your best party trick? I don't like parties)

😎 Has anyone ever told you that you look like someone famous? On Frankenstein 😊

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
giphy.gif

legioner

Sep 27, 2020
Thank you to everyone who wrote in the topic about me. Of course ,I started with a Balafre, but it was a long time ago. So I started my real hobby with perfumery ..exactly 6 years ago :)

legioner

Sep 27, 2020
Are you collecting both modern and vintage fragrances? I was looking at the names mentioned.
I like modern more than vintage fragrances. There are brands that I love very much now, for example -Zoologist \ Olympic Orchids artisan but I don’t have in my collection oops). I usually buy what I like (even if the reviews are bad on fragrance)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I like modern more than vintage fragrances. There are brands that I love very much now, for example -Zoologist \ Olympic Orchids artisan but I don’t have in my collection oops). I usually buy what I like (even if the reviews are bad on fragrance)
You should consider Rogue Perfumery. It's a recent house that has an emphasis on classic style fragrances.

legioner

Sep 27, 2020
Mousse Illuminee is great. I'd suggest adding others like Chypre-Siam, Tabac Vert, Fougere L'Aube, Bon Monsieur to the try list.
good choice, I'm sure they will interest me, especially these two-Chypre-Siam, Tabac Vert. They have interesting fragrance notes. Another addition to the list is -Flora & Fauna(amber\animalic\mossy\
earthy) and Vetifleur Rogue (iris/powder/wood)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
good choice, I'm sure they will interest me, especially these two-Chypre-Siam, Tabac Vert. They have interesting fragrance notes. Another addition to the list is -Flora & Fauna(amber\animalic\mossy\
earthy) and Vetifleur Rogue (iris/powder/wood)
Ahh yes Flora & Fauna is another gem, that was instant like when I first sampled it.

Other non-chypre scents like Derviche is great. It's a sweet tobacco scent. Jasmine Antique is great if you like jasmine.

legioner

Sep 27, 2020
Ahh yes Flora & Fauna is another gem, that was instant like when I first sampled it.

Other non-chypre scents like Derviche is great. It's a sweet tobacco scent. Jasmine Antique is great if you like jasmine.
unfortunately I don’t like jasmine (it suffocates me), but I like chypres the same, but so far from everything that I have tried, my favorite is Lippizan from Parfums de Marly , I like soft chypres. And I’m sure Flora & Fauna is an interesting fragrance.

Latest News