Has This Italian Giant Gone Bancrupt ?

david

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 7, 2005
When I googled Weruska & Joel, who own many well known italian brands such as Lancetti and Pino Silvestre, their website says, Permanently Closed (?)
Also, there are many of their brands products suddendly for sale on open air markets here in France.
Can anyone verify this ?
I would be surprised if no-one took over these established brands.
It would be a shame if it were the end of Pino Silvestre and its flankers...

david

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 7, 2005
If their website says permanently closed, I'd have no reason to doubt it.
Yes, although it shows a photo of their warehouse address, so I thought maybe they have changed the warehouse address to another location ?

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Re: pino silvestre, I never understood the exact ownership/rights. Some of them belong to Mavive, which I think is the firm founded by the original perfumer of pino silvestre, and which is still alive with several perfumes.

But it's possible that weruska and joel is no more. of course the brand names that they own (if any) could be purchased by others.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp