Halston Z-14 (old formulation) vs (new formulation)

yourthemannowdog

Jan 22, 2021
big 30 oz jug of vintage 1-12 cologne direct from a halston employee made some where in the 80's i guess . 20210915_011809.jpg 20210915_011946.jpg 3 digit batch code not sure the year . i have another bottle of vintage 1-12 and they are about the same smell . . the vintage 1-12 is alot better then the stuff they make now which is horrible ashy scent now

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I'm jealous. But congrats on the score.

Does vintage 1-12 at least smell approximately similar to the current stuff? I like the current juice but I don't know how much I'm really missing out.

yourthemannowdog

Jan 22, 2021
I'm jealous. But congrats on the score.

Does vintage 1-12 at least smell approximately similar to the current stuff? I like the current juice but I don't know how much I'm really missing out.

i dont think its similar i bought a new bottle and returned it it did not smell good to me it was like night and day with halston z14 and 1-12 current vs vintage . some people might fight me over it but i hate the current juice it smells terrible to my noise compared to the old stuff

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
I had never smelled Z-14 or 1-12. I knew the reformulations were supposedly bad, so I bought a vintage 12ml mini of Z-14 on a whim.

Wow. Great stuff! As the presentation is so dull and uninspiring, I was caught unawares by the freshness and vibrancy. Encouraged by this, I'll probably pick up a bottle of vintage 1-12, as it can be had for cheap.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
I've got both current (00s)and vintage (80s + 90s) 1-12, and they're horrible, to my nose. All I get is galbanum and VO5 shampoo (the yellow one from the 70s)[emoji1]. Probably due to incorrect storage.

How's the pine note?

I was/am hoping for something of a bracing CdG Zagorsk vibe (there's no galbanum in Zagorsk though).

Latest News