Not Planned Half Star Ratings for Fragrances

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Sometimes, a fragrance isn’t quite a 4 star for me but I feel it deserves more than an average 3 star rating. The same thing with 4 and a half stars being the middle ground between not quite a 5 star but better than my other 4 star scents.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Essentially what you're after is a 10 Star system rather than 5.

I'm unlikely to go for this, as I think a 5 star system is easier for most people to decide upon a rating, so I'm going to mark it as 'not planned' for now. (sorry!)

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Essentially what you're after is a 10 Star system rather than 5.

I'm unlikely to go for this, as I think a 5 star system is easier for most people to decide upon a rating, so I'm going to mark it as 'not planned' for now. (sorry!)
No, wasn't suggesting a 10 star system that would be way too cluttered. Was thinking of one extra star button set slightly to the right of the 5 stars that when clicked/tapped on, it fills halfway. So, for 3 and a half stars you would press 3 stars and the extra half star button. I understand that it still might not be able to be done but that is what I was suggesting.

Of course, the best solution would be a “Half Star” button directly below the 5 stars which would auto fill in a half star in the next available still blank star but if that could be coded someone would already have done it. Sigh.

Last edited:

Latest News