Gypsy Wayer is a Lighter Tam Dao?

therock003

Nov 5, 2010
So after years of anticipation on how that scent smells i finally got my hands on a small decant. I like it very much of course, but to me it smells like a lighter airier more breezy Tam Dao. Tam Dao is one scent that i really love, still since Byredo is considered unique mostly, and not easily duped, i was hoping for something that didnt really smell like something else. Fragrantica gives plit votes for the Tam Dao reselmblence, yet i read a comment of a guy saying the exact same thing that i first though on my first spray.

Whats your opinion guys and gals

Astra

Feb 4, 2010
I meant that I own it as a body wash, rather than a perfume and that it's quite nice. I also meant that I've often found that when I like a scent but find the perfume version a bit sheer, it works in a body wash format better.

therock003

Nov 5, 2010
Sorry guys but i was asking whether you see the comparison but mostly if not what Gypsy water resembles for you. Not looking for a G.Water vs Tam Dao preference

FS0C13TY

Jul 1, 2016
I sort of get your reference to the similarity, but it's closer to Commodity Gold. After smelling cedarwood essential oil, Tam Dao has become less appealing to me. I really loved Tam Dao when I first smelled it, and I would include it in my top 20 fragrances of all time, but my tastes have changed and would probably prefer Gypsy Water.

Latest News