Guerlain Le Frenchy Discontinued or Not? Derby?

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
I’m curious about Guerlain Derby as well I see it online at select authorized retailers for $250-$260 so hopefully not maybe just select retailers are sold out because of the current world situation. I’ve never smelled Derby but have been meaning to pickup a bottle in time. I’m doubtful Guerlain would discontinue it, it’s like them discontinuing Heritage not likely to ever happen.

Beck

May 13, 2014
After all LVMH has done lately to Dior perfumes I doubt nothing coming from them. These predatory holdings can be disgusting.

blackaroma

Apr 16, 2020
Derby is the best recent (relatively) thing Guerlain has done and they know it! No chance they'd be discontinuing it. Le Frenchy smells too mainstream for its price but still no talk of it happening.

Klaaon

Jul 21, 2013
I noticed Le Frenchy has been subsumed within the new L’art and Le Maitre collection, albeit renamed as “Frenchy Lavande”

However, I can no longer find Derby on the Guerlain website. Any one has any insights?

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Within their Art and Materials luxe series:
Le Frenchy ----> Frenchy Lavande
Lui ----> Oeillet Pourpre (fragrance renamed and moved to this line)
Arsène Lupin ----> Épices Volées

and two new fragrances in the line: Rose Chérie and Santal Pao Rosa.
Also rebottling and an increase in price.

source: https://www.fragrantica.com/news/L-...tions-a-Re-Grouping-and-a-New-Look-15481.html

As far as I know Derby is discontinued (maybe just for now?).

ROBERTO

Aug 27, 2007
Hello

Is Guerlain Le Frenchy Discontinued? What about derby ?
Thanks

Le Frenchy is now Frenchy Lavande of the collection L' Art et la Matiere

Derby is ok , no problem

201130_TLE_GUERLAIN_PARFUM_100ML_FRENCHY_LAVANDE_BOITE_E.jpg

Opiate

Sep 19, 2010
Within their Art and Materials luxe series:
Le Frenchy ----> Frenchy Lavande
Lui ----> Oeillet Pourpre (fragrance renamed and moved to this line)
Arsène Lupin ----> Épices Volées

and two new fragrances in the line: Rose Chérie and Santal Pao Rosa.
Also rebottling and an increase in price.

source: https://www.fragrantica.com/news/L-...tions-a-Re-Grouping-and-a-New-Look-15481.html

As far as I know Derby is discontinued (maybe just for now?).

Error on the Arsene Lupin: Épices Volées is unfortunately Arsene Lupin Voyou, Not Arsene Lupin(dandy). Quite disappointing imo.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Yea, from the Guerlain counter at Saks in NYC, Derby is gone. But he said maybe it will come back. Probably wishful thinking and not any insider knowledge, but seems like a lot of people like and miss it so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets released in the new bottle/price point eventually.

I'm having serious FOMO because about 6 months ago Derby was still in stock on a few online retailers, I wasn't in a rush and thought I can wait to try it before I buy. But then it totally disappeared before I got around to it. Oh well, I figured this one might be too classic for my taste, but I still want to try it one day.

I can say for sure, there's no way I will be spending $360 for it if it does get re-released.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Yea, from the Guerlain counter at Saks in NYC, Derby is gone. But he said maybe it will come back. Probably wishful thinking and not any insider knowledge, but seems like a lot of people like and miss it so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets released in the new bottle/price point eventually.

I'm having serious FOMO because about 6 months ago Derby was still in stock on a few online retailers, I wasn't in a rush and thought I can wait to try it before I buy. But then it totally disappeared before I got around to it. Oh well, I figured this one might be too classic for my taste, but I still want to try it one day.

I can say for sure, there's no way I will be spending $360 for it if it does get re-released.

I also "just" missed the boat on Derby. I also find a lot of Guerlain too "classic", but Tonka Imperiale is a possible buy and Frenchy Lavande I am very interested in trying.

Anyone know when these new bottles will hit Saks or Neiman Marcus stores?

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
I sincerely doubt it. The news from the Guerlain mothership here in Paris and on the forums is that it's gone for good.[

Tomorrow I will go to Guerlain to clarify

Thanks, I'd like to know if it's really discontinued. I would likely buy another bottle as a backup. It's like a more rich, herbal Acqua di Parma Colonia. I already use the bottle I have a bit cautiously, but if it's going away, then I have to think a backup is necessary to make sure I can enjoy this when I would normally want to without fear.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Thanks for this because it really quells my FOMO about Derby because when ppl mention how classic/barbershop it is I realize I probably wouldn't have liked it and only regret not buying it because now I can't have it, LOL.

Thanks, I'd like to know if it's really discontinued. I would likely buy another bottle as a backup. It's like a more rich, herbal Acqua di Parma Colonia. I already use the bottle I have a bit cautiously, but if it's going away, then I have to think a backup is necessary to make sure I can enjoy this when I would normally want to without fear.

*edit: it seems something is going haywire with quotes, the above was from tspencer replying to ROBERTO, I thought I made a mistake but realized the quotes above my post are also messed up

Latest News