Gucci Guilty Pour Homme EDT vs. Pour Homme EDP vs. Parfum Pour Homme

walds11

Basenotes Member
Mar 25, 2019
I’ve been using the EDT for a long time. I love the scent, but wish it lasted longer. That said, do you recommend the EDP or Parfum? If so, which one? Are they basically the same scent as the EDT, but stronger and longer lasting? And obviously more expensive.

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I think the EDP is the best and is different! It’s rose centric and I find it a soapy/rose/patchouli scent. Really enjoy it and find it different than a lot of offerings in the market.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
I bought the edt recently. Its so simple and linear it's good for what it is but I always felt that for a Gucci fragrance, it's a bit "meh".
Other people love it however.
It's just one of those fragrances I like but kind of bought more for the bottle.
Performance seems just ok.

walds11

Basenotes Member
Mar 25, 2019
If you love the EDT, then the Parfum is closer to it than the EDP (which is doing its own thing).

I prefer the EDP out of these three, but I don't really like the original EDT that much, so we probably don't have similar tastes. (For me, Absolute is, by far, the best of this series.)
I was at Ulta today - tested out the Parfum and EDP. The Parfum seemed similar to the EDT. It is definitely stronger and most likely longer lasting, but it is worth the extra $?

I think the EDP is the best and is different! It’s rose centric and I find it a soapy/rose/patchouli scent. Really enjoy it and find it different than a lot of offerings in the market.
I did not like the rose note of the EDP at all. It smelled too feminine imho.

I bought the edt recently. Its so simple and linear it's good for what it is but I always felt that for a Gucci fragrance, it's a bit "meh".
Other people love it however.
It's just one of those fragrances I like but kind of bought more for the bottle.
Performance seems just ok.
The EDT is my go-to, but the performance is meh. LOVE the scent! I am hoping that Parfum scratches the performance itch, while being similar.

Last edited:

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I did not like the rose note of the EDP at all. It smelled too feminine imho.

Yeah I’m not a floral or rose guy and it’s the only one I really enjoy. Heck my daughters picked this one out for me and I blew through that bottle and got another. I think the rose gives it a classy feel.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
Another fan of the EdP here. I tested it against the Parfum, but for me the Parfum was a bit cloying for some reason.
The EdP however has been one of the bigger surprise loves, it works great in the cooler seasons, a true feel good scent.

Yes there's a rose note, but it's in no way feminine, and is muted by the pimento and vinegar.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...