Gourmand without the diabetes?

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
Lignum Vitae by Beaufort! I also dislike overly sweet fragrances characteristic of many gourmands (and today's fragosphere is filled with them).
Decants of it are unfortunately not that easy to come by, but there are some. And if you're from London, you may have a Beaufort store somewhere (English based brand)? I highly recommend you give it a try.

Surprisingly, I recently found Stronger With You Absolutely quite pleasant. Disliked the whole line-up (because of their sweetness) but this one is fine.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Lignum Vitae by Beaufort! I also dislike overly sweet fragrances characteristic of many gourmands (and today's fragosphere is filled with them).
Decants of it are unfortunately not that easy to come by, but there are some. And if you're from London, you may have a Beaufort store somewhere (English based brand)? I highly recommend you give it a try.

Surprisingly, I recently found Stronger With You Absolutely quite pleasant. Disliked the whole line-up (because of their sweetness) but this one is fine.
i can try lignum vitae instore

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone else struggle to find a gourmand that isn't diabetically sweet, I've tried many but none quite cut it sadly what are your thoughts on this or are we doomed to have are legs inevitably cut off?
The savoury gourmand answer is Yatagan, for that infamous celery note.
Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche has a tinge of herby salad dressing and salad greens on my skin.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
Santal Majuscule recalls a dark chocolate praline with a dusting of rose and sandalwood. Wonderful stuff for the Autumn / Winter season.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
I tend to agree with this. Maybe there are some out there, but if it's non-sweet gourmand, maybe I just think of it as spicy or something else...
Yes. The base concept of a gourmand is for it to have a dessert aspect.

Obviously, some are sweeter than others (a candy bar has a different kind of sweetness than a spiced gingerbread cake), but the base idea of sweetness is hard to get away from.

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
Non sweet gourmand? Good luck with that! :D

Now that being said, this might be sketchy, firstly because this is subjective and secondly, these are discontinued.

A*Men Pure Wood, plays with gourmand idea but being more woody-dry than very sweet.

A*Men The Taste Of Fragrance aka A*Men Pure Chilli, more spicy than sweet.

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
I think this one qualifies.
Madeleine by Masque Milano
I own it and love it.
375x500.64218.jpg

Last edited:

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Lignum Vitae by Beaufort! I also dislike overly sweet fragrances characteristic of many gourmands (and today's fragosphere is filled with them). [...]
I was about to suggest that one. A great impression of warm biscuits, made by the Palo Santo. Another one in the same vein is Ossuary by La Curie.

i can try lignum vitae instore
Do it, it's worth imo. And if you're going to their store, you might want to try also Coeur de Noir, a fragrance blended around dark chocolate.
You might also want to try a few vanilla centric fragrances that have incense or booze to counterbalance the sweetness, like Laudano Nero by Terenzi, Passion by Zegna, Pavillon Rouge by Jovoy or Broken Theories by Kerosene.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Maybe also to a certain extent Rhubarbe Pamplemousse from the Pierre Herme limited edition by l'Occitane - a smooth and rather summery citrus pastry/confectionery inspired unisex gourmand.
Standing out thanks by showing little to no sweetness, far more on the astringent, borderline Mediterranean herbal spicy, zesty, fresh and down to earth side.

Latest News