Got these Amouage Jubilation and Interlude decants. Initial thoughts and questions.

whcouncill

Basenotes Member
Jul 21, 2022
Jubilation.....I like the scent. But it isn't as strong as I would have liked. I was reading about how people say the current version may be watered down. Might be the case. Will try some more.

interlude Man. Strong but the oregano throws me off some. Wish Jubilation was as strong as this.

Question. What are some heavy amber Amouage fragrances to try out?

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Jubilation.....I like the scent. But it isn't as strong as I would have liked. I was reading about how people say the current version may be watered down. Might be the case. Will try some more.

interlude Man. Strong but the oregano throws me off some. Wish Jubilation was as strong as this.

Question. What are some heavy amber Amouage fragrances to try out?
I recently got new bottles (with the names of the fragrance printed on the front) of Jubilation 25 (the women's version) and Epic Woman and they are noticeably thinner than the old samples I have. Still smell great, but definitely not as lush or strong. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the same has happened to the men's line.

If you don't like the oregano in Interlude, try Interlude Black Iris.

For amber, Opus VI is a must try. It's been discontinued, but I think it's still readily available for now.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
If your Jubilation sample/decant was drawn from a recent bottle, you might want to leave the sample for a while to mature. Once the scent has reacted with air over time, it's going to get considerably stronger. I can vouch for this myself.

Jubilation is loaded with Iso-E, which induces anosmia for a lot of people. That makes judging its performance tricky.
Yes, but not only ISO. It's laden with aromachemicals, but the blending is really superb.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
I felt that way too initially, but then one day it clicked with me. I almost feel like it smells minty, but not quite. And eventually, once the scent calms down and settles in (I'm talking hours into it) a really nice caramel smell peeks out. Interlude is quite complex.
I'm not typical I don't think, but I could never get past the oregano in Interlude.
I found Interlude hard to wear as well, but I am generally not into super strong smells myself.
It wasn't so much the oregano that put me off, but mostly the "shisha" aspect of the whole scent. The slightly rosy but powdery opoponax in the base is quite pleasant, but it's a different story if you have the patience to wait that long for a good dry down.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Yes, but not only ISO. It's laden with aromachemicals, but the blending is really superb.
Yup, though I think ISO-E was at something crazy (30% of the formula, IIRC). No argument on the blending. It's a lovely scent.

Subjective judgment ahead: I do think Jubilation was reformulated in a way that diminished it somewhat (though it's still nice). Given how aromachem heavy it is, I don't know what the shift was, but I compared a decant of early juice and a decant of more recent juice. The former was much richer and much more substantial.

Aug 26, 2022
Yup, though I think ISO-E was at something crazy (30% of the formula, IIRC). No argument on the blending. It's a lovely scent.

Subjective judgment ahead: I do think Jubilation was reformulated in a way that diminished it somewhat (though it's still nice). Given how aromachem heavy it is, I don't know what the shift was, but I compared a decant of early juice and a decant of more recent juice. The former was much richer and much more substantial.
I wish I read this before I bought a bottle. I got it used thankfully so I only paid $180 but even still I’m kinda scratching my head on the notes people keep talking about. I’m mostly smelling iso like you mentioned and I’m rather sensitive to that material so it’s dominating everything. I smell ISO-E and a creamy musk. Maybe a hint of cedar but that’s it. No sparkle, no orange, no champagne, nothing fruity. Just loads and loads of iso e and musk.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...