Goodwill/Thrift store finds!

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
Nice finds! Didn’t realize the Seattle Goodwill had an eBay presence. But I like the thrill of the hunt in-store anyway.

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
Nice variety there! Nothing I’d buy but if they have that much chances are it’s at least worth checking every once in a while.

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
Found a jackpot today at Goodwill - it’s been about a month since I came across anything interesting, but this is a doozy. Set of 13 Atelier Cologne samples, including many of the recently discontinued ones, as well as a Le Labo Rose 31 vial and an unlabeled container of some mysterious, but nice smelling fragrance oil. No clue what it is, but it’s got a fruity-floral-sandalwood Middle Eastern vibe. All for $3.99!

ATTACH=CONFIG]161103[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 81

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
Found a jackpot today at Goodwill - it’s been about a month since I came across anything interesting, but this is a doozy. Set of 13 Atelier Cologne samples, including many of the recently discontinued ones, as well as a Le Labo Rose 31 vial and an unlabeled container of some mysterious, but nice smelling fragrance oil. No clue what it is, but it’s got a fruity-floral-sandalwood Middle Eastern vibe. All for $3.99!

Right on. Congrats!

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
Wow--I should stop in more often. The last time I was in a thrift shop I spotted a bottle of Pierre Cardin and got all excited that it might be vintage but is we the new one which I was not interested in.

I stop by Goodwill in Seattle probably once or twice a week, and admittedly I usually leave empty handed. Most of the time it’s stuff like the Cardin you saw. But every once in a while…

Right on. Congrats!

Thanks!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

ATTACH=CONFIG]161103[/ATTACH]
Great find! Happy sampling

Jun 13, 2021
Took a look at my local Goodwill the other day, I live in a somewhat of a more affluent area with a high rate of corporate type folks moving in and out a lot so there are some nice things to be found here, but it seems all of the fragrance's they get that are good get put on their online listings or the employees snag it according to a girl working there.

deltasun

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 12, 2017
Quiz time! Can anyone identify this bottle I spotted at Goodwill? I didn’t see any identifying markings other than the letter K.

View attachment 159520

Oh man, I just saw this in a haul video or collection video but cannot remember which. It was part of a 3 bottle set inside a box, each with a letter like you have pictured. I'll have to update when I remember or see it again.

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
My wife found a 100ml Bond no. 9 NY Patchouli at Goodwill for $1

Ok, that’s just insane. Nice!

Took a look at my local Goodwill the other day, I live in a somewhat of a more affluent area with a high rate of corporate type folks moving in and out a lot so there are some nice things to be found here, but it seems all of the fragrance's they get that are good get put on their online listings or the employees snag it according to a girl working there.

I’ve had great luck in Seattle but not sure about elsewhere. I’m moving to California in two weeks so curious to check out the thrift stores in the Bay Area.

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
Here’s something I’ve never seen before: my local Goodwill has a boat load of testers for $5 with the security fob still glued to the bottom.

Between two different stores in SE Wisconsin, I spotted 5 different fragrances: Kenneth Cole Mankind Ultimate and Black Bold, CR7 Game On, Curve for Women, and Tommy Girl. I grabbed the Kenneth Coles, ‘cause for 5 bucks, why not? Now I just have to figure out how to get the security fob off!

947F85D3-17DD-4FB3-82D4-6C4AA1863A45.jpeg

Last edited:

funhuntr

Basenotes Junkie
Jul 5, 2008
Congrats on these. There was a thread recently that discussed various hotels that offered complementary bath and grooming products for guests, Le Labo being one of them that was offered. I wonder if those Le Labo bottles were originally distributed by a hotel?

was on business trip in Paris then Dubai. Scored Le Labo like these in between from hotel stays (5days worth) — Typical Filipino trait I took everything that can be had for free LOL 😂 So yes they exist.

funhuntr

Basenotes Junkie
Jul 5, 2008
Here’s something I’ve never seen before: my local Goodwill has a boat load of testers for $5 with the security fob still glued to the bottom.

Between two different stores in SE Wisconsin, I spotted 5 different fragrances: Kenneth Cole Mankind Ultimate and Black Bold, CR7 Game On, Curve for Women, and Tommy Girl. I grabbed the Kenneth Coles, ‘cause for 5 bucks, why not? Now I just have to figure out how to get the security fob off!

View attachment 171532

as an owner of Kenneth Cole Hero which I bought at standard price online, this heap of KCs is just heartbreaking

Jan 22, 2021
most of the bottles ive found over the years are avon bottles lots & lots of avon bottles like sometimes there will be 30 of them in a set & lots of avon wild country :cautious: . avon is worse though you cant get much worse besides the knockoff colognes i usually wont buy them unless i plan on keeping them

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
Just curious...Cardin is like $22 new online. How much was it at Goodwill?

Ahh, I didn’t actually see the Cardin, just usually see things in that vein.

I’m sad because I had to move back to Davis, CA for grad school (I’ve been living in Seattle and teaching remotely during the pandemic). There’s one Goodwill here but it has terrible selection, and Davis is a college town so I doubt anyone is going to be donating anything good. Guess I’ll have to hit up thrift stores in the Bay Area when I visit for the day.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Ahh, I didn’t actually see the Cardin, just usually see things in that vein.

I’m sad because I had to move back to Davis, CA for grad school (I’ve been living in Seattle and teaching remotely during the pandemic). There’s one Goodwill here but it has terrible selection, and Davis is a college town so I doubt anyone is going to be donating anything good. Guess I’ll have to hit up thrift stores in the Bay Area when I visit for the day.

Maybe try Sacramento?

Subhuman

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 21, 2010
Last week I stopped into a consignment store I'd never been to and there was a glass case of jewelry and perfumes, mostly cheap stuff and half-full bottles. And, at the very back, just sitting there:

opium60ml.jpg

Vintage Opium EdT, 60 ml, nearly full. Bottle in great shape, juice perfect. $20 Canadian. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I never get that lucky at thrift stores.

Last edited:

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
With this many, one wonders if perhaps someone was cleaning out a loved one’s belongings. I hope they find a good home!
Yeah, I would definitely wager that most of those came from the same donor. Cheers to finding them a loving new home!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Haha. Well, today it did! This particular store will usually have one or maybe two in the locked showcases. Usually just celebrity stuff.

With this many, one wonders if perhaps someone was cleaning out a loved one’s belongings. I hope they find a good home!
I saw one Goodwill store a couple of years ago with a display. It had fragrance bottles but also a bunch of other random stuff like sunglasses and old playstation consoles, a bit unorganized.

Latest News