Girl - Pharrel Williams for Men and Women.

Renato

Oct 21, 2002
I wandered into Chemist Warehouse today, and noticed they were selling 100ml bottles of Girl for $14.99, stating that the discount was $180.

So I bought three bottles, being somewhat skeptical about the discount.
My wife loved it,
I thought it okay as a unisex scent - but I'm not much into such unisex scents, though it didn't smell anything very girly in it.

Anyhow, later on, while reading the bottle, I noticed it was made by Comme des Garcons, which is usually a pretty expensive niche brand. Maybe the listed discount from the original price was indeed that big.

So, at that price I think it is something worth checking out, either for yourself or a female partner/wife/friend.
Regards,
Renato

P.S. After having sprayed some on my hand about six hours ago, this scent is growing on me.

Last edited:

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
If I recall correctly, it costed a little bit more than $100 here in the US, and as you say it is a CDG, so it's very possible that the original price was that high. Cute bottle too.

I liked the perfume, especially the green opening. But the drydown seemed a bit too sweet/cookie dough for my tastes. Anyway, miles above the average celebscent. Perhaps that's the reason it didn't take off.

cacio

Renato

Oct 21, 2002
If I recall correctly, it costed a little bit more than $100 here in the US, and as you say it is a CDG, so it's very possible that the original price was that high. Cute bottle too.

I liked the perfume, especially the green opening. But the drydown seemed a bit too sweet/cookie dough for my tastes. Anyway, miles above the average celebscent. Perhaps that's the reason it didn't take off.

cacio

Thanks. Yes, it is interesting in that slightly discordant way that I find as a characteristic in many niche scents.
Apparently, according to the packaging, the art on the bottle is slightly different for each bottle.
I feel weird about spraying myself with a bottle that has XX on it (female chomosomes) but I did it today. I don't mind it now. One guy at Fragrantica claims he gets heaps of compliments Girl (I assume he means compliments from females).
Cheers,
Renato

Suspended

Jul 28, 2012
Thanks. Yes, it is interesting in that slightly discordant way that I find as a characteristic in many niche scents.
Apparently, according to the packaging, the art on the bottle is slightly different for each bottle.
I feel weird about spraying myself with a bottle that has XX on it (female chomosomes) but I did it today. I don't mind it now. One guy at Fragrantica claims he gets heaps of compliments Girl (I assume he means compliments from females).
Cheers,
Renato

The XX is there because the bottle was designed by the artist KAWS. Most, if not all of his characters have an XX for eyes.

Not that it matters but the fragrance was marketed as unisex.

Renato

Oct 21, 2002
The XX is there because the bottle was designed by the artist KAWS. Most, if not all of his characters have an XX for eyes.

Not that it matters but the fragrance was marketed as unisex.

Thanks for the explanation.
I feel happier applying it now.
Cheers,
Renato

Latest posts

Latest News