Game Day! 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmac0011

Feb 19, 2018
SOTD after a Steelers loss like that, maybe I should use my sample of Tyrannosaurus Rex to complete the dumpster fire experience.
No, that would be too depressing.

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
Any Steeler fan saw this coming. You don't waltz into the playoffs winning one game out of your last five and expect to win. I'm about 75% toward Ben retiring. Tomlin just needs to go, period. Don't want to hear jack about never having a losing season, yada yada yada. His teams have underperformed for the last decade with some premium talent and he can't even get them to show up in the first half of games the last half of the season.

I was wearing Amouage Opus XI, by the way, lol. Thankfully, my 2nd favorite team is still in the hunt after winning their first playoff game in forever (the Bills.)

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Any Steeler fan saw this coming. You don't waltz into the playoffs winning one game out of your last five and expect to win. I'm about 75% toward Ben retiring. Tomlin just needs to go, period. Don't want to hear jack about never having a losing season, yada yada yada. His teams have underperformed for the last decade with some premium talent and he can't even get them to show up in the first half of games the last half of the season.

I was wearing Amouage Opus XI, by the way, lol. Thankfully, my 2nd favorite team is still in the hunt after winning their first playoff game in forever (the Bills.)

It was a fun ride with Tomlin and Ben. But you're right, I think we need to turn the page. Everyone always says Tomlin would be snapped up in a heartbeat. Do you see that?

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
It was a fun ride with Tomlin and Ben. But you're right, I think we need to turn the page. Everyone always says Tomlin would be snapped up in a heartbeat. Do you see that?

There are teams out there that would snap him up - yes, I do believe that, just because of his pedigree at this point (via association with the Steelers and a winning organization vs what he's actually accomplished.) The last three Decembers and into January have been absolutely abysmal with what, maybe three wins total?

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016
Warriors managed to hold off the Raptors at home 106 to 105.

I'm loving GS right now. Literally, Klay Thompson away from being a top contender again. Wiseman is the real deal. I really like Paschall too.

How amazing is it that Jared Goff and Carson Wentz went 1 and 2 in the 2016 draft and now nobody wants them! Just goes to show the ability of even football professionals to pick great football talent really isn't good. I'm convinced that that's the secret. If you have a coach that has an uncanny ability to know great football talent (someone like Jimmy Johnson, for instance), that's half the battle.

Right? I still can't believe CHI passed on Mahomes and Watson for Trubisky.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Have not made any plans yet, so will quite likely wear whatever happens to be the next/respective SOTD anyway.
However if attending (especially should the current lock-down eventually end, ideally for good) certain sports events of national, European or even worldwide relevance or merely watch them on TV, online etc., the fragrance choice might become more personalized and thus likely more exclusive, scarce, formal, celebratory and/or vintage as well.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I'm loving GS right now. Literally, Klay Thompson away from being a top contender again. Wiseman is the real deal. I really like Paschall too.

Right? I still can't believe CHI passed on Mahomes and Watson for Trubisky.
Curry's performance wasn't too great in that game 2 of 16!

I wonder if the 49ers will consider the Deshaun Watson trade if the team decides against having Jimmy G start the 2021 season.

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Alabama is always so good, they take all the fun out of watching the game. :undecided:

It's pretty much like this every single year. Alabama has won 6 national championships in the last 12 years. The same teams are in the championship games every year, and then there's everybody else.

I think the only way to improve things is to expand the championship teams in the running from 4 to at least 8 teams, and preferably even 10.

Jul 7, 2012
I went with Rose 31 for a cozy day on the couch watching football. Go Chiefs! I was hoping for a Saints win too, but... alas.

Dunhill Desire, a red one for the Chiefs. They needed it, was a little close for comfort....

I got up to make lunch and when I came back, Mahomes was out of the game! Yikes. I sure hope he's ok. Injuries are scary, but concussions are extra scary. Hopefully he's ok.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
I went with Rose 31 for a cozy day on the couch watching football. Go Chiefs! I was hoping for a Saints win too, but... alas.

I got up to make lunch and when I came back, Mahomes was out of the game! Yikes. I sure hope he's ok. Injuries are scary, but concussions are extra scary. Hopefully he's ok.

They are saying concussion is no issue but foot still may be..... Yikes was an understatement but Henne did the job.

Had to go with Dunhill Desire again since it worked last time, go chiefs!!! (I need to think about do I have any other red frags....)

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016
Sucks that a great game ends on a penalty that the refs were basically allowing for the better part of the game including Rodger's INT in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News