Game Day! 2021 Edition | Basenotes

Game Day! 2021 Edition

The_Cologneist

Feb 27, 2010
No but I thought it would be closer. I'd hoped ND may be able to overpower them but there was no margin for error.

I didn't. ND had an easy schedule all season pretty much. They beat Clemson in OT the one game where Lawrence wasn't playing

How bout Lawrence choking all night, well mostly in the 2nd half. Should be interesting to see what team he drafts to next year, if he even enlists. Looks like Jags or Jets though will get him.

Looking forward to the championship game in about a week.

Til then.. I don't need to pick a frag to wear to watch a football game on the couch lol.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
I didn't. ND had an easy schedule all season pretty much. They beat Clemson in OT the one game where Lawrence wasn't playing

How bout Lawrence choking all night, well mostly in the 2nd half. Should be interesting to see what team he drafts to next year, if he even enlists. Looks like Jags or Jets though will get him.

Looking forward to the championship game in about a week.

Til then.. I don't need to pick a frag to wear to watch a football game on the couch lol.

I'm never going to acknowledge anything to Alabama even with a gun to my head.

Let's go IU, wearing Polo watching the game at Bdubs.

jmac0011

Feb 19, 2018
Clive Christian No 1 today. First try, the floral notes somehow stay vibrant and appropriate for a male. My wife liked it so it is a keeper.

Steelers vs Brown manana..... can't wait......HERE WE GO!

Jul 7, 2012
1725 felt like the right choice for a day on the couch, watching football. Even though the scent dresses up so well, it's also a great comfy/cozy pick too. At least, for me, it is.

:thumbsup:

Loved seeing Buffalo hang on to win!
I'm a Seahawks fan, but they're off to a ROUGH start. Yikes.

Steelers vs Brown manana..... can't wait......HERE WE GO!

That's going to be a fun one! I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm glad to see the resurgence of the Browns - Cleveland is such an under-appreciated and underrated city... so, I'm just rooting for a good game.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Goff reminds me of a baby giraffe in the pocket.

Now that’s funny.

I’ll put something on for the Steelers game. We’ve won 6 Super Bowls, but we’ve also laid many eggs in games we’re supposed to easily win. I used to get way over stressed about games, but about 4 years ago I almost broke our remote by twisting it in anger as we lost a playoff game. I vowed to chill out watching these games.

It’s just a game. It’s supposed to be fun. But “here we go Steelers!”

jmac0011

Feb 19, 2018
We went a Steelers game in November to check off a bucket list item, and everyone was saying "HERE WE GO". It was very cool to a life long Steelers fan. We had been before for a U2 concert, but not a game. This time we got to see the Heinz "Pour it on".

There was restaurant across the street from the hotel with my same last name, of course, closed due to Covid. Still a great time.

Love Pittssburgh, really a great town, can't wait to go back.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
We went a Steelers game in November to check off a bucket list item, and everyone was saying "HERE WE GO". It was very cool to a life long Steelers fan. We had been before for a U2 concert, but not a game. This time we got to see the Heinz "Pour it on".

There was restaurant across the street from the hotel with my same last name, of course, closed due to Covid. Still a great time.

Love Pittssburgh, really a great town, can't wait to go back.

U2, Pittsburgh and the Steelers? You and I would be great friends!

jmac0011

Feb 19, 2018
Joke to brothers who are 49s fans for awful 2020 season: 49s are so bad they will not even let them play in their own stadium. (they were playing in AZ due to Covid.)
Reply from Bro: Actually they play in Santa Clara as their home stadium. Ouch.
For payback the Steelers lost the next 3. So no trash talk tonight!

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016
Wowza! This Browns/Steelers game is wild. I didn't see this lopsided score coming. I'm usually a Steelers fan, but the Browns are on fire tonight, and the enthusiasm feels contagious!

GO BROWNS!

...I never imagined myself saying that :laugh:

I see what you did there. :lolk:

Wait...I thought I was quoting ChuckW! But it it showed up as yours. Now I'm confused :lolk:

Jul 7, 2012
Wait...I thought I was quoting ChuckW! But it it showed up as yours. Now I'm confused :lolk:

How funny! I thought you were teasing me about the Seahawks losing. I love the Seahawks, but it didn't feel like this is our year. Er... 2020, I mean. I feel the same way about the Steelers. After they went 11-0, they collapsed. ...hmmmm... are they mounting a comeback as I type this?

I'd love to see a Chiefs/Saints Superbowl.

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016
How funny! I thought you were teasing me about the Seahawks losing. I love the Seahawks, but it didn't feel like this is our year. Er... 2020, I mean. I feel the same way about the Steelers. After they went 11-0, they collapsed. ...hmmmm... are they mounting a comeback as I type this?

I'd love to see a Chiefs/Saints Superbowl.

Holy sh*t! They are. I was watching the Lakers trounce Houston. It'll be nuts if the Steelers win. Also, the NFC West turned into sh*tshow. I can't in good conscience be too happy. I did have sea chicken for lunch though...sorry! I had to! :tongue:

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Goff reminds me of a baby giraffe in the pocket. I'm actually hoping Walford gets the start next week though, again, hope remains at a premium haha.

How amazing is it that Jared Goff and Carson Wentz went 1 and 2 in the 2016 draft and now nobody wants them! Just goes to show the ability of even football professionals to pick great football talent really isn't good. I'm convinced that that's the secret. If you have a coach that has an uncanny ability to know great football talent (someone like Jimmy Johnson, for instance), that's half the battle.

Shiny Beast

May 21, 2012
I would say only the Browns could make me feel uncomfortable with a 20+ point lead, but i’m also a Seahawks fan so...

Cleveland better get some cohesion in that secondary and abandon that soft zone bullshit or they’re gonna get carpet bombed by KC. Early line has KC as a 10 point favorite, o/u 56.

Latest News