Fresh rose scents

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
Il still considering Etro Manrose. Would be a blind buy though. Is it really similar to Déclaration d'un Soir as some some people say?

Jan 21, 2017
Perfumer's Workshop - Tea Rose

The Merchant of Venice - Rosa Moceniga

I so love the top notes.
Unfortunately it is spoiled by the aquatic notes (that bloody lotus). I hate aquatics.
But since you don't mind the aquatic notes in Declaration d'un Soir, perhaps you're going to like Rosa Moceniga.

But only the EDP strength. The EDP has a fresh, almost crisp, dewy rose. The EDT is a completely different animal, like two separate perfumes. It's much sweeter and deeper like an open red rose.

pfranka

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
As far as I'm concerned Hermes Rose Ikebana is THE fresh rose scent, you need look no further.

I don't know the others on your list but the two you ordered from Malle are great but not at all fresh. Une rose is very rich and voluptuous, while Rose et Cuir is a bit bitter green and challenging.
When I first tried Declaration d'Un Soir I immediately thought of Rose Ikebana as well. As far as a masculine rose (and very different from those two) you might try Bvlgari Le Gemme's Garanat as well.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
I guess my search is over. I've tried all of these multiple times:

Déclaration d'un Soir
Moschino Toy Boy
The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose
TDC Rose Poivrée
Hermes Rose Ikebana
Diptyque Eau Capitale
Matière Première Radical Rose
MFK À La Rose
MFK L'Homme À La Rose
Kilian Roses On Ice
Le Labo Rose 31
POAL
Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau EDT
Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau EDP
Diptyque Eau Rose
Frédéric Malle Une Rose
Frédéric Malle Rose Cuir

Déclaration d'un Soir is still number 1, followed by Toy Boy. Both are such amazing scents to me. Other than that the only ones I truly like are Rose Ikébana, Radical Rose and Eau Capitale. I may consider a full of bottle of these in the future if nothing else comes along.

I think I might have loved Rose Poivrée before the civet was replaced with cumin. I love cumin but it just doesn't work well in this one.

I actually disliked everything else. No idea why since I obviously like rose, so it's pretty confusing.

Dane77

Jun 30, 2011
Filtering out those with prominent vanilla or incense notes, my favorite roses would probably be:

Dior Ambre Nuit
Guerlain Rose Nacrée du Désert
Montale Black Aoud

Jan 5, 2022
Moschino Toy Boy and Amouage Lyric Man

Only problem is Lyric Man has pretty weak performance and is very expensive. Supposedly it had good performance in the past but was reformulated. I want either a clone of Lyric Man or something in that same vein

Sweetstench408

Dec 9, 2014
Amouage Lyric Man for sure but also try Tauer Une Rose De Kandahar and despite the names and bottle colors Mancera Pink Roses and Mancera Pink Prestigium

steve668

Nov 17, 2021
Finora ho provato questi:

Rosa Gallica
Diptyque Eau Capitale
Matière Première Radical Rose
MFK L'Homme À La Rose
Le Labo Rose 31
Byredo Rose di Terra di nessuno
Amouage Lyric Man

kyrabi

Oct 6, 2021
my rose are:
Rosa Turca by Nishane (discontinued, unfortunatelly, its a bomb rose, wonderfull frag)
Moschino Toy Boy (a nice one)
Oud Maximus 2020 by Bortnikoff
Triad by Bortnikoff
The Moon by Malle

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
Rose/Oud and Rose/Incense are numerous in my collection, but I do have a few fresh rose fragrances. My favorites are probably:

Creed - Jardin d'Amalfi
Thomas Kosmala - Rose Absolute

And while not as fresh as the others, I would also have to mention Chanel Egoiste.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
I bought Tea Rose last week and have given it a couple tries. Is it supposed to be a stinky fresh rose? First sprays were pretty unbearable but a few tries later I'm really starting to appreciate it.

Mr.Smellin.Good

Jun 4, 2011
I’m surprised no one mention Black Aoud by Montale. I used to be big into rose scents ever since wet shaving sparked my interest in the scent. It’s hands down the most realistic masculine rose out there.

Latest News