Free to a Good Home - Men's Giveaway Thread 2017-2020

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I was writing my post as he submitted his, but that's fine. Truth is, I was feeling a bit guilty nabbing all those freebies when I still have literally hundreds of samples and untested bottles yet to try.

Of course, if he changes his mind, I'll still take 'em.

Ouch. I do feel bad that you were literally seconds away from it, but what can I do? Hey, if I come across any samples you're interested in trying, I wouldn't mind sending you something. But yes, there will be other opportunities. I kind of like the idea of doing a drawing of sorts for giveaways, so everyone interested has a chance instead of just the first person to see the post. I'm not sure if that is allowed here though.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Ouch. I do feel bad that you were literally seconds away from it, but what can I do? Hey, if I come across any samples you're interested in trying, I wouldn't mind sending you something. But yes, there will be other opportunities. I kind of like the idea of doing a drawing of sorts for giveaways, so everyone interested has a chance instead of just the first person to see the post. I'm not sure if that is allowed here though.
Don't feel bad. If I were that anxious, I'd have posted a quick one-word "Me!" response. First come, first served is as legit an approach as any—and the one I've taken in the past for my giveaways—though one could of course construct an amusing contest or whatever. ("First person to PM me the next winning lottery numbers…") It's all good.

Hobbes

Oct 5, 2007
Up for grabs as a single package, samples/decants of:
- Christian Dior Bois D'Argent
- Byredo Pulp
- Mugler Cologne Fly Away
- Nautica Voyage

edit: giveaway won by Danny Mitchell

ThVH

Mar 13, 2020
Nice to see more activity here and kudos to PrinceRF for being so generous.
I wonder if it would make sense to have threads for different locations? Like US, Europe, and so on. I rarely a have look here because stuff is usually CONUS, which I totally understand of course. Thinking about it, several threads might be a little much... hm... (sorta unfinished post, sorry, I‘m tired)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Nice to see more activity here and kudos to PrinceRF for being so generous.
I wonder if it would make sense to have threads for different locations? Like US, Europe, and so on. I rarely a have look here because stuff is usually CONUS, which I totally understand of course. Thinking about it, several threads might be a little much... hm... (sorta unfinished post, sorry, I‘m tired)

I think this would make more sense if giveaways were a far more common occurrence.

Hobbes

Oct 5, 2007
Up for grabs to anyone who hasn't won one of my previous giveaways:

The entire Atelier Cologne discovery set (seven of these vials are unused, while nine of the vials I decanted into spray pens to sample)

claimed by GoldWineMemories

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Lucky you GoldWine! I probably would have jumped on it if I saw it sooner. This line seems interesting... let us all know what you think when you try them. :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Oct 5, 2007

The entire Atelier Cologne discovery set (another one)

claimed by hermeslyre

Last edited:

CapriDog

Mar 1, 2012

Please post here and then PM me to ensure I see it

I'm not looking just want to say it's very nice and generous of you.

jrr2ok

Jan 1, 2013
A huge shout out to PrinceRF for his generosity. I received my gargantuan sample drop from him earlier this week. It is providing me immense joy. Thanks again to all who make this section of BN possible. Truly the community at its best.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
A huge shout out to PrinceRF for his generosity. I received my gargantuan sample drop from him earlier this week. It is providing me immense joy. Thanks again to all who make this section of BN possible. Truly the community at its best.

I'm so happy to hear that you are loving the samples! It is my pleasure to share what I can with members of the community. :smiley:

hermeslyre

Mar 27, 2017

claimed by hermeslyre

It came today, shoutout to the USPS for extremely quick shipping. It came basically brand new (I think unopened) and I immediately tried a dab of the Rose Anonyme on one wrist and the Orange Sanguine on the other. Both lovely.

My old third-hand 97 camry prematurely snapped it's timing belt on a ride to the grocery store on Saturday leaving me stranded waiting for a tow back home for 2 hours so that's been foremost on my mind but luckily it's a non-interference engine so there should be no damage to the engine and the replacement belt kit should be here tomorrow according to tracking. I'd normally throw on Fahrenheit when working on the car, naturally, but I think I'll try one of these samples. It might seem strange but I've always enjoyed the juxtaposition of wearing something really nice even when doing something drudging. It helps get me through it.

Thanks Hobbes, very generous of you and I'll enjoy wearing all of these I'm sure!

Hobbes

Oct 5, 2007
Giving away a small bottle of Kenneth Cole Reaction - claimed by L'Homme Blanc Individuel

Anyone who hasn't won any of my previous giveaways is eligible!

Last edited:

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I'd like to give away a 100 ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes EDT (about 3/4 full) with box. First person to reply to this message - CONUS only - gets it! Please PM me your shipping address. :smiley:

Claimed by middlethird

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah I feel really lucky! I'm getting together a first sample purchase so with that and the free bottle, maybe I'll have something to talk about here :)

Sorry I don't have a tracking number but your bottle is en route. I look forward to hearing your contributions about what you end up trying. :smiley:

Hobbes

Oct 5, 2007
Giving away a small bottle of vintage Cool Water (Lancaster version) - claimed by Juxtapozbliss

Anyone who hasn't won one of my previous giveaways is eligible :)

Last edited:

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
UK only

A relative that is now unable to wear scent has handed a partial Penhaligon's sample/discovery set to me and I am putting it here for the first UK Basenoter to claim it. I am making no claims as to how old it is - I'll let readers decide for themselves.

Some scents are missing from it, but you do have splash samples of 1.5ml each of:
- Blenheim Bouquet
- Lilly of the Valley
- Lilly & Spice
- Malabah

Will send them out as one pack (using basic post) in the Penhaligon's-branded tin case they came in.

EDIT: now claimed.

Last edited:

Latest News