Free to a Good Home - Men's Giveaway Thread 2017-2020

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Giving away a 200 ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes Parfum about 80% full. All I ask is that you be willing to reimburse me the shipping charges. CONUS only. Please reply to this message to claim it, and then send me a private message with your shipping information.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Giving away a 200 ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes Parfum about 80% full. All I ask is that you be willing to reimburse me the shipping charges. CONUS only. Please reply to this message to claim it, and then send me a private message with your shipping information.
That’s a nice one! I have plenty of it (and plenty else), but congrats in advance to the lucky recipient, and kudos to the Prince for his generosity.

TouchMe

Mar 2, 2020

Hello! I would be interested in this if still available. PM'd!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
This is good stuff. I enjoy my bottle......you're not a fan?

I do enjoy this scent, and I respect it for what it is. As one who prefers to maintain a minimalist wardrobe, I've been analyzing what I have and anything that I have any doubts or concerns about whatsoever, I've basically given the axe. Or if I can find a better replacement to what I already have.

In the case of Terre d'Hermes, the performance does not meet my standard. Either that or I go nose blind to some of the notes rather quickly. It might be the Iso E Super; I don't know. Another way that I evaluate is by asking myself "would I be happy wearing this fragrance for a whole week straight?" It's really an interesting thing to consider, although there are certain niches in a wardrobe that I can understand having where this wouldn't apply.

Fortunately, I have a bottle of Green Irish Tweed coming in the mail from a swap, which will replace the niche that Terre filled (any season, any reason, fresh/clean, versatile, etc.). Hopefully that one works out as well as I remember. :smiley: I'm happy to pass something like this along to someone who may enjoy it more than me, and I'm unlike most Basenoters in that I couldn't see myself with dozens and dozens of bottles (the thought gives me anxiety), but more on that later.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Samples/decants:

Diptyque Oud Palao 5 ml
Tom Ford Soleil Blanc 2 ml
Tom Ford Oud Wood 2 ml

Quote this message to claim it. CONUS only. PM me your address. Shipped in envelope to save on shipping cost.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Giving away a 5 ml decant of Strangelove NYC "dead of night" to someone who has not claimed a freebie from me before.
CONUS only. Quote this message to claim it, then send me a PM. Shipped in an envelope to save on shipping.
Good stuff, very expensive, made with natural oud and other natural ingredients. :smiley:

junior_surgeon

Conifer Connoisseur
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
Giving away a 5 ml decant of Strangelove NYC "dead of night" to someone who has not claimed a freebie from me before.
CONUS only. Quote this message to claim it, then send me a PM. Shipped in an envelope to save on shipping.
Good stuff, very expensive, made with natural oud and other natural ingredients. :smiley:

Would love this, thanks!

rmm.0811

Dec 3, 2019
Giving away full bottles of:

Bvlgari Aqua
Al Haraman L'Aventure Knight
Armaf Club de nuit milestone

The deal is you have to take ALL THREE and you have to collect them from me (London UK)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Hey everyone! I'm back and wanted to say a couple of things. Please read my entire post before commenting.

No one from London wanted to claim the freebies in the post above yet?

A while back I had a problem with shipping a couple small samples and a decant. For those of you like me who want to cheap out and mail decants in a *regular envelope*, be careful. Apparently the package arrived destroyed and the recipient had informed me that USPS puts envelopes THROUGH A MACHINE THAT CRUSHES THEM FLAT as standard processing. I was shocked to learn this and had never had a problem like this in the past. Fortunately, my giveaway was free so there was no loss on the recipient's end. I guess the lesson is to not try to cheap out so much on shipping and if you have a large enough decant (in my case it was just 5ml), just get a padded mailer or a small box. So... oh well.

Anyways, since joining this community I've had quite a large number of fragrance samples come and go, either from giveaways or swaps. It's always fun to get a quick whiff or a full wear of something new. I had quite a few more samples come in lately and after working through a large portion of them in a short amount of time (I have a tendency to binge for a couple hours just spraying away on test strips jubilantly...) I've separated out some that I would like to give away to a member of the community for free. I have the following samples available for someone to claim, as I am either not interested in holding on to them or I did not care for them. Here is a fine collection of mostly niche perfumes that could be a joy for one of you to explore or collect. I will not be separating these out - I prefer to send them as a lot to one individual. CONUS only; please do not message me if you reside outside of CONUS! All I ask is that you be willing to reimburse me the cost of shipping either by Venmo or PayPal. I will invoice you the cost after they have shipped. If you have previously claimed a FREEBIE from me, you are INELIGIBLE to claim this. Please "quote" some part of my message and make your intent to claim it clear so that others can see it is taken.

Lastly, I'd love to see more activity in this thread. If you have even a sample or two that you don't care for, I know that someone in this community would appreciate it. Here is a list of the samples that I have available:

Anthologie De Grands Crus – Vanille d’Amine
Anthologie De Grands Crus – Jasmin de Cherifa
Anthologie De Grands Crus – Vetiver de Pierre
Bond No. 9 – Chez Bond
By Kilian – Liaisons Dangereuses
Chris Collins – Oud Galore Indigo
Chris Rusak – Bluer
Christian Dior – Oud Ispahan
Ermenegildo Zegna Essenze – Indonesian Oud
Ermenegildo Zegna Essenze – Mediterranean Neroli
Hendley – Mown
Hendley – Amora
Hendley – Rosenthal
Hendley – Untitled
Hiram Green – Lustre
Hiram Green – Hyde
Hiram Green – Dilettante
Histoires de Parfums – 1826
Histoires de Parfums – 1876
Histoires de Parfums – 1740
Histoires de Parfums – 1969
Jacques Bogart – Pour Homme
Jo Malone – Wood Sage & Sea Salt
L’Artisan Parfumeur – Mon Numero 10
Nishane – Tuberoza
Parfum Prissana – Mohragot
Parfum Prissana – Tom Yum
Parfum Prissana – Ma Nishtana
Parfum Prissana – Tiwa
Parfum Prissana – Mandarava
Parfum Prissana – Natsumeku
Parfum Prissana – Maruyama
Prin – Mandodari
Sarah Baker – Tartan
Serge Lutens – Chene
Serge Lutens – Five o’clock au gingembre
Serge Lutens – Fumerie turque
Serge Lutens – Serge Noir
Serge Lutens – De Profundis
Serge Lutens – Tubereuse Criminelle
Serge Lutens – Santal Majuscule
Strangers Parfumerie – Aroon Sawat
Strangers Parfumerie – Burning Ben
Strangers Parfumerie – Oliver
Strangers Parfumerie – Lumberjack Cologne
Strangers Parfumerie – Sangre Dulce
Tauer – L’oudh
Tauer – PHI Rose de Kandahar
Tauer – Vetiver Dance
Tauer – Carillon pour un ange
YSL – L’Homme
Zaharoff – Signature
Zoologist – Panda
Zoologist – Rhinoceros

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
Wow! Someone is going to have a good day! Nice giveaway. I'd jump on it, but have way too many samples in queue already.

You have inspired me to prune my samples.

jrr2ok

Jan 1, 2013
Hey everyone! I'm back and wanted to say a couple of things. Please read my entire post before commenting.

All I ask is that you be willing to reimburse me the cost of shipping either by Venmo or PayPal. I will invoice you the cost after they have shipped.

I don’t think I’ve traded anything with you. Willing and able to pay shipping.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019

No one from London wanted to claim the freebies in the post above yet?

A while back I had a problem with shipping a couple small samples and a decant. For those of you like me who want to cheap out and mail decants in a *regular envelope*, be careful. Apparently the package arrived destroyed and the recipient had informed me that USPS puts envelopes THROUGH A MACHINE THAT CRUSHES THEM FLAT as standard processing. I was shocked to learn this and had never had a problem like this in the past. Fortunately, my giveaway was free so there was no loss on the recipient's end. I guess the lesson is to not try to cheap out so much on shipping and if you have a large enough decant (in my case it was just 5ml), just get a padded mailer or a small box. So... oh well.

Anyways, since joining this community I've had quite a large number of fragrance samples come and go, either from giveaways or swaps. It's always fun to get a quick whiff or a full wear of something new. I had quite a few more samples come in lately and after working through a large portion of them in a short amount of time (I have a tendency to binge for a couple hours just spraying away on test strips jubilantly...) I've separated out some that I would like to give away to a member of the community for free. I have the following samples available for someone to claim, as I am either not interested in holding on to them or I did not care for them. Here is a fine collection of mostly niche perfumes that could be a joy for one of you to explore or collect. I will not be separating these out - I prefer to send them as a lot to one individual. CONUS only; please do not message me if you reside outside of CONUS! All I ask is that you be willing to reimburse me the cost of shipping either by Venmo or PayPal. I will invoice you the cost after they have shipped. If you have previously claimed a FREEBIE from me, you are INELIGIBLE to claim this. Please "quote" some part of my message and make your intent to claim it clear so that others can see it is taken.

Lastly, I'd love to see more activity in this thread. If you have even a sample or two that you don't care for, I know that someone in this community would appreciate it. Here is a list of the samples that I have available:

Anthologie De Grands Crus – Vanille d’Amine
Anthologie De Grands Crus – Jasmin de Cherifa
Anthologie De Grands Crus – Vetiver de Pierre
Bond No. 9 – Chez Bond
By Kilian – Liaisons Dangereuses
Chris Collins – Oud Galore Indigo
Chris Rusak – Bluer
Christian Dior – Oud Ispahan
Ermenegildo Zegna Essenze – Indonesian Oud
Ermenegildo Zegna Essenze – Mediterranean Neroli
Hendley – Mown
Hendley – Amora
Hendley – Rosenthal
Hendley – Untitled
Hiram Green – Lustre
Hiram Green – Hyde
Hiram Green – Dilettante
Histoires de Parfums – 1826
Histoires de Parfums – 1876
Histoires de Parfums – 1740
Histoires de Parfums – 1969
Jacques Bogart – Pour Homme
Jo Malone – Wood Sage & Sea Salt
L’Artisan Parfumeur – Mon Numero 10
Nishane – Tuberoza
Parfum Prissana – Mohragot
Parfum Prissana – Tom Yum
Parfum Prissana – Ma Nishtana
Parfum Prissana – Tiwa
Parfum Prissana – Mandarava
Parfum Prissana – Natsumeku
Parfum Prissana – Maruyama
Prin – Mandodari
Sarah Baker – Tartan
Serge Lutens – Chene
Serge Lutens – Five o’clock au gingembre
Serge Lutens – Fumerie turque
Serge Lutens – Serge Noir
Serge Lutens – De Profundis
Serge Lutens – Tubereuse Criminelle
Serge Lutens – Santal Majuscule
Strangers Parfumerie – Aroon Sawat
Strangers Parfumerie – Burning Ben
Strangers Parfumerie – Oliver
Strangers Parfumerie – Lumberjack Cologne
Strangers Parfumerie – Sangre Dulce
Tauer – L’oudh
Tauer – PHI Rose de Kandahar
Tauer – Vetiver Dance
Tauer – Carillon pour un ange
YSL – L’Homme
Zaharoff – Signature
Zoologist – Panda
Zoologist – Rhinoceros

I confess that most of these I don’t have and do want, so I’ll raise my hand. If I get them, I promise to give away more stuff in the not too distant future. (If I don’t get them, I’ll do that anyway.)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
jrr2ok slipped in first! Sorry to those who missed out and were interested. I expect that there will be more giveaways of various sizes (from me and others) in the future. I will be in contact with jrr via PM. Congrats! :smiley:

Latest News