Free to a Good Home - Men's Giveaway Thread 2017-2020

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Anyone want an extra 75ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes Parfum? It's about 75% full with no box. I just ask that you be willing to reimburse me the cost of shipping (which is often expensive where I ship from so be aware it could be over $10). Anyways, first to respond to this message asking for it gets it. CONUS only.

Edit: Claimed by NettyYeti

Last edited:

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
OK, folks. In celebration of the relaunched, revitalized Basenotes and the plethora of fresh blood I’m seeing in the forums, I’m doing a sample giveaway, subject to the following conditions:

1) You must be a new member
2) You must be male identified
3) You must be in the continental US
4) You must take all of them

There are some 20-odd samples in here, ranging from “meh” to “oh, my!” Some, I got free with purchases; some, my friends sent me in swaps; some, I bought as part of larger sample lots. I have tried most of them, and they’re either not for me or I have a bottle and don’t need a sample.

You probably won’t like all of them. You might not like any of them. But I guarantee they’ll be worth at least as much as you pay for them.

First comer in the forum who meets all the criteria gets them.

522A75F7-9EBF-4608-9183-5833ED570582.jpeg

Last edited:

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
If you've still got them I'd absolutely love to take them!
Well, then, send me your address in a conversation, and they're yours!

I didn't define what I meant by "new member." I was initially thinking of those officially designated as "New Member" under their names, but when I asked Grant how that status was determined, he said such "newness" is measured by number of posts, not length of time on BN. So, I've decided anyone who joined in 2021 is sufficiently "new."

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

I didn't define what I meant by "new member." I was initially thinking of those officially designated as "New Member" under their names, but when I asked Grant how that status was determined, he said such "newness" is measured by number of posts, not length of time on BN. So, I've decided anyone who joined in 2021 is sufficiently "new."
OK, folks. In celebration of the relaunched, revitalized Basenotes and the plethora of fresh blood I’m seeing in the forums, I’m doing a sample giveaway, subject to the following conditions:

1) You must be a new member
2) You must be male identified
3) You must be in the continental US
4) You must take all of them

There are some 20-odd samples in here, ranging from “meh” to “oh, my!” Some, I got free with purchases; some, my friends sent me in swaps; some, I bought as part of larger sample lots. I have tried most of them, and they’re either not for me or I have a bottle and don’t need a sample.

You probably won’t like all of them. You might not like any of them. But I guarantee they’ll be worth at least as much as you pay for them.

First comer in the forum who meets all the criteria gets them.

View attachment 174305
To make it fair for everyone, individuals who have claimed an item cannot claim another at least during the short term.

We've had one or two bad apples in the past that abused the freebie giveaways on the female and male forums.

Jun 7, 2021

Thanks so much! I didn't even realize that my status had recently switched to "Member" - must be after 10 posts, yeah? I appreciate you still considering me, I certainly feel green as can be!

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Hi all!

These are up for grabs! (Also posted in the women's thread.)

To qualify, you must have a CONUS mailing address and have had at least 100 posts.

BALDESSARINI Baldessarini EDC (vintage Hugo Boss version)
75 ml bottle, 80% full, no box

BALDESSARINI Strictly Private
50 ml bottle, 99% full, no box

BURBERRY for Men (vintage)
30 ml bottle, 80% full, with box

DUNHILL for Men
100 ml spray, 95% full, no box

JEAN CHARLES-BROSSEAU Thé Brun
100 ml bottle, 90% full, with box

MOSCHINO Uomo?
75 ml bottle, 90% full, no box

OUTREMER Vanille
50 ml bottle, 98% full, no box

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO Uomo Limited Edition
100 ml spray bottle, 99% full, no box

TED LAPIDUS Altamir
100 ml bottle, with box, 98% full

Last edited:

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Hi all!

These are up for grabs! (Also posted in the women's thread.)

To qualify, you must have a CONUS mailing address and have had at least 100 posts.

BALDESSARINI Baldessarini EDC (vintage Hugo Boss version)
75 ml bottle, 80% full, no box

BALDESSARINI Strictly Private
50 ml bottle, 99% full, no box

BURBERRY for Men (vintage)
30 ml bottle, 80% full, with box

DUNHILL for Men
100 ml spray, 95% full, no box

JEAN CHARLES-BROSSEAU Thé Brun
100 ml bottle, 90% full, with box

MOSCHINO Uomo?
75 ml bottle, 90% full, no box

OUTREMER Vanille
50 ml bottle, 98% full, no box

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO Uomo Limited Edition
100 ml spray bottle, 99% full, no box

TED LAPIDUS Altamir
100 ml bottle, with box, 98% full
Hey Brooks! I'll take them if you're allowing them to all ship to the same person!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
In these kind of situations, I say spread the wealth. But on the other hand, that also entails more shipping $$$
The previous giveaway could've been divided up, I think that would've allowed more opportunities for everyone especially since these are full size bottles.

If shipping was an issue perhaps the individual(s) receiving them could've at least covered the cost, that would've been fair.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
In these kind of situations, I say spread the wealth…
I understand this feeling, but I don’t believe we need to second-guess anyone’s generosity. If someone is giving things away, they should feel free to do it however they like.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Not that I should have to justify anything (and frankly am a bit annoyed at the second-guessing here), but I ended up shipping out a total of four different parcels of fragrances between this and the women's thread. Shipping costs weren't a consideration.

On that note - if a mod is watching (@Bavard?) can we close the gender-specific threads and create a consolidated thread in the General forum? It was a pain to hop back and forth between them and keep the lists in sync.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Not that I should have to justify anything (and frankly am a bit annoyed at the second-guessing here), but I ended up shipping out a total of four different parcels of fragrances between this and the women's thread. Shipping costs weren't a consideration.

On that note - if a mod is watching (@Bavard?) can we close the gender-specific threads and create a consolidated thread in the General forum? It was a pain to hop back and forth between them and keep the lists in sync.
Seems reasonable to me that we consolidate.

Nov 10, 2021
I understand this feeling, but I don’t believe we need to second-guess anyone’s generosity. If someone is giving things away, they should feel free to do it however they like.
Oh I was not (nor intended to) second guess anyone or their generosity. I was just making a general thinking out loud type comment. People are completely free to do what they want with their stuff. And I do think it is a generous & way cool thread to offer stuff up that others may want. I’m new around here, and I’m inspired to offer up a few of my things.

Warum

Apr 4, 2010

As a lucky recipient of your generosity I greatly appreciate it.
I received the bottle today.
Will post a giveaway as well when I recover.

Thanks a lot!

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be, it's on the giver to cover shipping for when giving away in this thread? If one is giving away several bottles to several locations, shipping would add up fast.
Either way, it's up to each person what to give and how much. If not, it could be added (quantity, volume) to this thread's rules.
Anyway, thanks for the haul, Brooks!!
:)

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Oh I was not (nor intended to) second guess anyone or their generosity. I was just making a general thinking out loud type comment. People are completely free to do what they want with their stuff. And I do think it is a generous & way cool thread to offer stuff up that others may want. I’m new around here, and I’m inspired to offer up a few of my things.
I figured you didn't mean it that way, and I applaud your intention to join the ranks of the givers. I was just thinking how I'd have felt reading that in Brooks' shoes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be, it's on the giver to cover shipping for when giving away in this thread? If one is giving away several bottles to several locations, shipping would add up fast.
I don't think it's a rule so much as a general practice. One could certainly give things away and ask only for the cost of shipping. I considered that at one point, but, ultimately, I didn't feel it was in the spirit of things, and shipping costs didn't present a hardship.

Jun 10, 2012
(taken - thank you)

US/Canada

Nearly full bottles of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, Dunhill Pure, Rochas Moustache Original EdT+mostly full bottle of Yatagan. All come with boxes. Only given as a bundle (must take all 4). Shipping might take 3-4 days. First come, first served. Please PM with name and address, and they're yours!
Thank you.

Latest News