Free to a Good Home 2019-2021

Kera

May 15, 2015
Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

Thanks Hazel5,

samples arrived last week, and it's been a treat skin testing them everyday!

yellowtone

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 27, 2016

Hi all,

*updat: they've been claimed!

I have some samples that are free to go to a new home:

-Caron Amez Moi
-H&G Geste
-Mirko Buffini - Haiku
-Creed Royal Oud
-Lorenzo Villorezi Teint de Neige
-Rosine Muguet de Rosine
-Patou 1000
-Acqua di Parma Colonia
-Francesca Bianchi Angel's Dust
-Francesca Bianchi The Dark Side

I'll ship anywhere if you refund the shipping costs (international shipping should be about 4.20 Euro)

Last edited:

harrislr

Mar 24, 2018
Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

Hi, there,
I don't wear perfume, not do I know anyone who has this kind of interest. I am helping my uncle dispose of some of my aunt's things after her recent death. We are looking for a home for her perfumes and cologne. If there is anyone out there who would offer a home to all of them, we'd be so grateful and would be happy to ship within the US or would accept a donation for shipping.
They Include: Chantilly Eau de Cologne, Emeraude Eau de Cologne, Caron, Signature, Timeless, Acqua di Gio Eau de Toilette by Armani, Heavensent by Rubinstein, Beautiful and Tigress Musk. Many are unopened. Some are in the original boxes. There are a couple of antique atomizers. Some are Avon. Some are unlabeled. Any takers?
Linda

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

My condolences on your aunt's passing, & welcome to basenotes.

Are you thinking of giving these away? lf so, there is a "Free to a good home" thread in this forum where you can list them. Some of these may be worth a lot though, & would be worth selling on ebay. You can always donate the proceeds to charity if you don't wish to profit from the sales.

Renaissance_Man

Feb 26, 2006

My condolences for your loss.
I agree. Some are very valuable. I also recommend listing on ebay or donating to charity and not here.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006

You should check out EBay. Here are the rules for BaseNotes-
What are the requirements for selling?

You are a Basenotes Plus member
OR
You have been a member for over a year
OR
You have made over 500 posts

harrislr

Mar 24, 2018

My uncle does not want to deal with ebay. My time is not worth the effort of listing them all but I believe in reduce, reuse, recycle to am trying to find a home. I cannot figure out how to post a new thread on the freebies page, thus ended up here. Finding a local charity that will accept opened bottles is not so easy. Any step-by-step advice?

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015

It sounds like you want to give them all away as a lot. I guess you could arrange to do that via the private messaging function here, exchanging names and addresses.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006

Also, in our city we have a thrift store that takes donated items then gives the money earned to the local humane society.

Kera

May 15, 2015

Hi yellowtone,

are any of the samples still available for a European basenoter?

Hi all,

*still available to someone who is willing to cover the shipping fee!

I have some samples that are free to go to a new home:

-Caron Amez Moi
-H&G Geste
-Mirko Buffini - Haiku
-Creed Royal Oud
-Lorenzo Villorezi Teint de Neige
-Rosine Muguet de Rosine
-Patou 1000
-Acqua di Parma Colonia
-Francesca Bianchi Angel's Dust
-Francesca Bianchi The Dark Side

I'll ship anywhere if you refund the shipping costs (international shipping should be about 4.20 Euro)

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010

l have four samples looking for a home with any UK basenoter:

Fetish by Neil Morris; about half a ml in a spray vial.
Cassis by SP Parfums; a 2ml spray vial, around two-thirds full.
Gardenia by Penhaligon's; just a few drops in a spray vial, enough for a sniff at least.
Les Jardins de la Mamounia; around 1ml in a dab vial. This one is not in the Directory, but apparently comes from the eponymous hotel in Marrakech, & smells mainly of orange blossom.

Please post in the thread & PM me your address if you would like these. :)

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010

Gardenia by Penhaligon's; just a few drops in a spray vial, enough for a sniff at least.
Les Jardins de la Mamounia; around 1ml in a dab vial. This one is not in the Directory, but apparently comes from the eponymous hotel in Marrakech, & smells mainly of orange blossom.

Edited to add: a 1ml dab vial of Forbidden by House of Matriarch, roughly 1/4 full.

Any takers?

Zilpha

Aug 7, 2008

Oh, you beat me by 3 minutes teardrop Didn't mean to upstage your post.

Continental US only

Vintage Mary Chess Carnation toilet water

7/8 left of a .5 fl oz. pour bottle

Provenance: I bought this in the late eighties at Colonial Drug when it was still in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. It was part of a coffer of eight Mary Chess fragrances.

It's still good, I'm wearing it right now. I've just tired of carnation, that's all.

No exchange necessary.

Last edited:

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010

l have these samples looking for a home with any UK basenoter:

Edited to add: a 1ml dab vial of Forbidden by House of Matriarch, roughly 1/4 full.

Adding:

50ml d'Ambiguite by Marlou, a 0.7ml sample decanted into a spray vial, but dabbed only once!
Habanita EDT by Molinard, a 5ml spray decant approx. half full.

Due to UK posting restrictions, these can only be sent in multiples of four, so if interested please let me know which four you would like.

Kb1993

Feb 20, 2019

Hi I'm sorry I'm new to basenotes and exploring the wonderful world of fragrance in general (still trying to figure out what notes exc. I like). I live in a rural area so no stores I can go to with testers for trying fragrances, without a nearly 2 hour drive. I had seen a couple post about people trying to get rid of stuff for people in the US and was try to reply to that and see if anything was still Available.

tatetatebaby

Feb 19, 2019

Hi I'm sorry I'm new to basenotes and exploring the wonderful world of fragrance in general (still trying to figure out what notes exc. I like). I live in a rural area so no stores I can go to with testers for trying fragrances, without a nearly 2 hour drive. I had seen a couple post about people trying to get rid of stuff for people in the US and was try to reply to that and see if anything was still Available.

Just so you know, I'm in a similar situation and reached out to a couple different houses to try to get samples. Hermes and Mugler said yes and my samples are on the way. I've been super curious to try Alien and Un Jardin sur le Nil, so I'm excited!

Zilpha

Aug 7, 2008

I beg your pardon; I misunderstood and was responding to your header of last year.

Kb1993

Feb 20, 2019

Ok yes like I said brand new to basenotes that was my very first day and post I was just trying to reply to the thread in general no specific post

Thanks

Kb1993

Feb 20, 2019

Okay awesome! How did you contact them? Through email?
Thank you for taking time to reply to me�� I really appreciate it.

tatetatebaby

Feb 19, 2019

Okay awesome! How did you contact them? Through email?
Thank you for taking time to reply to me�� I really appreciate it.

Yes, through email! I used their customer service emails which you can find on their respective websites. I just sent them a quick email explaining my situation and they responded asking for my full name and address to send the samples to. They haven't come yet, but I only wrote about a week ago and I expect it'll take a bit of time!

tatetatebaby

Feb 19, 2019
Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

Update: My Hermes samples arrived today! I asked for Twilly d'Hermes and Un Jardin sur le Nil. Both came, but they surprised me with 2 more! How awesome is that? So in addition to those two I also got Eau d'Orange Verte and Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate. They sent them in two little Hermes boxes each holding 2 samples. The sample bottles are either glass or sturdy plastic and very generously sized; 2 ml each. I haven't tried any of them yet, but I couldn't be more delighted with their customer service! I will definitely look to buying Hermes fragrances if any of theirs pique my interest.

tatetatebaby

Feb 19, 2019

I guess today's my lucky day, because I just got my Mugler samples (Angel and Alien)! They came in little cardboard cards showcasing the perfume bottles and name with the sample in a slot. 1.2 ml for each sample. I haven't tried them yet either, but I'm loving what my nose is picking up from Alien.

Kb1993

Feb 20, 2019

Wow that is very generous of them! And they came rather quick to be samples it seems.
I have not contacted them yet but I surely am going to.

Hope you enjoy all the stuff you received!

Zilpha

Aug 7, 2008

"Have your friend visit the DamePerfumery .com shop and select which perfume sample they would like to receive and it will be sent to them free of charge along with a selection of other DAME fragrances"

I have a pre-stamped postcard they provided to send them with lines for selection, name & address of sample recipient.

This is really cool. They are generous as heck.

CONUS

First one to reply will get sent the free samples.

https://dameperfumery.com/collections/dame-trial-size-samples

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010

Any takers?

Adding:

50ml d'Ambiguite by Marlou, a 0.7ml sample decanted into a spray vial, but dabbed only once!
Habanita EDT by Molinard, a 5ml spray decant approx. half full.

Due to UK posting restrictions, these can only be sent in multiples of four, so if interested please let me know which four you would like.

Adding Soma perfume oil by Ava Luxe, an almost-full 1ml sample.

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007

"Have your friend visit the DamePerfumery .com shop and select which perfume sample they would like to receive and it will be sent to them free of charge along with a selection of other DAME fragrances"

I have a pre-stamped postcard they provided to send them with lines for selection, name & address of sample recipient.

This is really cool. They are generous as heck.

CONUS

First one to reply will get sent the free samples.

https://dameperfumery.com/collections/dame-trial-size-samples

Yes, please! :kiss:
PM sent....

Edited on 6/24-- the samples arrived today! I'm having fun testing them. Thanks again, Zilpha!

Last edited:

Latest News