FragranceX, or FragranceNet - Which do you Prefer ?

Diva D

Mar 23, 2012
I am having trouble getting a hold of FragranceX right now. I’ve tried calling multiple times but can’t get through to anyone. I ended up having to send an email but haven’t gotten a response. Not super impressed.

I'm having a similar experience.

EDIT: Whoops. I'm having a similar experience with FragranceNET.

Last edited:

Rick58 & Beth62

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2019
I can never keep track of these two and always get mixed up on which fragrance I found on either site. I would almost swear they're the same company.

I've purchased from both (without any difficulty) but I agree with Danny - the interface coding is all so damn similar that if they aren't the same company (deep down in their incorporation records) I can say they likely use the same web development team.

I can also second the fast shipping from FragranceX - recently bought a bottle of Lui by Guerlain - order placed to order delivered in 4 days, sealed.

cazaubon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2005
I use mostly Fragrancenet and Perfume.com (which is the same site as FragranceX but often a few dollars cheaper for some reason.) Unfortunately Fragrancenet charges CA sales tax, so I take that into consideration when ordering. Perfume.com is also faster delivery in addition to no tax.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Perfume.com (which is the same site as FragranceX but often a few dollars cheaper for some reason.) Unfortunately Fragrancenet charges CA sales tax, so I take that into consideration when ordering. Perfume.com is also faster delivery in addition to no tax.

Lol, I had always suspected that the two were the same company. Thanks for the tips!

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Ive used fragex fragnet and maxaroma. All my go to spots. Maxaroma has the best customer service of the 3 if that is something that drives your spending habits.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
Just an update on Frangrancenet. They are having quite the issue with a lot of click bait going on. They are showing many items with a specific percentage off and when you view the item it is roughly half of what the advertised percentage off is. Example if it shows 50% off, there will be nothing 50% off, but only 25%. Their samples, some are showing 94-96% off, and they show the 0.8ml samples are regularly 99 dollar and reflecting the 94-96% off as this great deal. I reviewed many supposedly sale items and this is happening site wide. I contacted them and gave them about 10 different examples to review. Their current Fall 80% off is click bait, nothing in the selections is anywhere near 80% off. Let's see if they fix it or continue to be dishonest in their marketing.

It looks like they have fixed some of them, but not all of them yet.

Last edited:

Latest News