Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Nares Hughes

Dec 28, 2018
Sundowner by Andy Tauer
Yes, me too. Dusty, dark chocolate and deep, dark woods. Very impressive.

Also Fougere Nobile. I actually did say "Wow". This one's right up my alley.

And this week's suprise hit is Champs Lunaire. The tuberose that suits me most so far. Just rounded off a little so as not to 'blare' as this floral note does on me elsewhere. Nice. But still BIG you know? Is it possible to have small tuberose; a half-pint of tuberose shandy ..? I doubt it.

A good day.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Chypre Siam
Mousse Illuminee
Both incredible.
Too early to say which I prefer.
I had the same feelings early on, although for me, the 'wow' effect faded quite a bit after a few wearings, to finally settle at 'just a like'. Trying a bit too much to 'show off' and a bit 'DIY' feeling for me. Also, I had a couple of strong negative reactions on Mousse Illuminee (with just 1 spray), and that didn't help me feel comfortable to pull it off.

But I am glad if you and some others are able to fully enjoy these.

May 27, 2020
Versace L’Homme!
Usually I’m against blind buying and I sample everything before buying it, but this one seems to be hard to find samples of over here or to even find in stores, so when I got a good deal I pulled the trigger and it definitely payed off! I think everyone into 80s fragrances, especially Kouros and friends, should try it out

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Jacomo de Jacomo in the current formulation. Smoky, spicy, and stiff as all hell. Pure black magic.

You know it's good when you spray it in the morning, exercise and take a shower in the afternoon, and immediately reapply the same fragrance. Almost never happens!

Russlan

Jan 17, 2002
Une Nuit Magnétique by The Different Company:
I have to say, this one is a slow wow. The kind of one you take your time and just whisper: wow....
It is not a screamer, but I want to test it more, and more. It evolves, quite a bit. It is floral, yes, also fruity, but not sweet fruity nor sticky.
I just want to spend more time with it :)

View attachment 175941
Yes, this perfume is quite something, I have it and love it

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenicia - Dark Musk

I just revisited this one, and it's really blowing me away. So much better than I remembered it. Beautiful, smoky, and earthy attar that's loaded with musk and vetiver.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Phoenicia - Dark Musk

I just revisited this one, and it's really blowing me away. So much better than I remembered it. Beautiful, smoky, and earthy attar that's loaded with musk and vetiver.
Haven't heard of that one but it sounds awesome!

Sandy

Jan 15, 2005
Wearing it now, have been a away from it for a while. I am reveling it's magnificence. I purposely went a bit light on the sprays - it is just wonderful.
Somehow I've missed your enthusiastic comments, so sorry. Yes, Black Huszar is in a class itself. I can't compare ot to anything else. I feel that it blooms at higher temperatures. Still you love it, after 4-5 months? :)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Finding myself impressed by a few from the house of Parle Moi Parfum: Mile High, Woody Perfecto, and Haute Provence.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Akro Awake is a big wow and possibly the best coffee scent I've tried, comparing closely only to SM Cafe.

Latest News