Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Tom21

Sep 14, 2021
Armani - SWY Freeze. Got some good use out of it this spring. Am loving it in the fall now. Super easy to wear. Nobody talks about it ( I’m okay with it ) less people that smell like me. :)

Maxtesti

Feb 18, 2018
Dior Homme Intense

I smelled it for the first time over a year ago, but can't remember much. Out of curiosity, recently I got a small sample. I only wore it inside after taking a shower. I'm not a fan of the powdery opening, but it was really nice after a shower. It reminded me a bit of talc; it made me feel clean and calm. But what really wowed me was after a few hours of wearing it, I entered the toilet and caught a whiff of an unfamiliar scent - I thought, wow what's this scent here? - and then realised it was coming from me.

FB ordered.

Last edited:

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
Déclaration d'un soir intense. Oversprayed it the first time and it was awful. This stuff is nuclear, even more so than Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012. Two sprays is perfect. I don't think there's anything similar out there so this could be one of those overlooked scents that everyone will love a few years from now. Very hard to find as well since it's only been produced for about 3 years. I know of a place that still has a few bottles so I might stock up.

Last edited:

Dantheman123

Dec 3, 2018
I know people will think I'm loosing it, 🤪🤪🤪, but Banana Republic's Black Walnut, is just incredible at the opening. Incredible, I say. It's very reminiscent of the original Tommy Bahama Cologne which is going for insane, ticket scalping prices on the internet. It's not the cure for cancer folks.

Anyway, BRBW is a beautiful creature. The opening is phenomenal. I mean an explosion of cognac that is effervescent with the cedar and tobacco. I honestly was WOWED. But, but after two hours, you're right back where you started; spraying again. Is this supposed to be injected like a street drug??? If BR would do it in a real Parfum style, they'd rock the fragrance community again, like JPG Le Male did in 1995.

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
Anyone who likes the long ago discontinued, and impossible to find "Bitter Orange and Chocolate" by Jo Malone
Incarna Dark orange is a fabulous substitute. WOWED me from first spray.
375x500.51641.jpg

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019
Good 'WOW'
Jeke by Slumberhouse
Hunted down two bottles immediately.

Sauvage Elixir
I'm assuming since MFK is creative director at Dior now, it's no wonder Elixir has traits of Masculin Pluriel. To me, Elixir is a cross of Sauvage Parfum and Masculin Pluriel.

Bad 'WOW'
Montecristo by Masque Milano

WOW, this smells like shit.

owen-wilson-owen.gif

RawM.I.A.

Wait, What's That Smell?!
Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
Good 'WOW'
Jeke by Slumberhouse
Hunted down two bottles immediately.

Sauvage Elixir
I'm assuming since MFK is creative director at Dior now, it's no wonder Elixir has traits of Masculin Pluriel. To me, Elixir is a cross of Sauvage Parfum and Masculin Pluriel.

Bad 'WOW'
Montecristo by Masque Milano

WOW, this smells like shit.

owen-wilson-owen.gif
Francis Kurkdjian had nothing to do with Sauvage Elixir, I believe his first day at work for Dior was last Monday.

Funny I felt the same way about Montecristo for a long time, but now I own & love it!

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019
Francis Kurkdjian had nothing to do with Sauvage Elixir, I believe his first day at work for Dior was last Monday.

Funny I felt the same way about Montecristo for a long time, but now I own & love it!
Yeah, that's what they tell us. But it smells like Masculin Pluriel in the dry down. Wonder why.

I hear that's how it goes with fecal animalic scents, unfortunately, I can't wait that long for those kinds of fragrances to develop.

Jack Hunter

Jul 29, 2009
Terre d Hermes - One regret I have had is selling the Edt version and buying the Parfum version. Now I like both but the edt has that uplifting citrus, orange cedar thing going on that I like. This is what I get from the Edt:

"Imagine a orange grove in Tuscany full of tilled earth and greenery. As you look up into the sky you notice a storm is gathering. The winds pick up and clouds roll in and the smell is a sweet, pungent zing in your nostrils. That's the sharp, fresh aroma of ozone."

It has a certain magic to my nose which I don't get in the Parfum version which intensifies the orange and grapefruit accord. It's as if terre d hermes edt has grown up and lost it's wonderlust and settled down into the Parfum version.

I had a old sample of the Edt which I used again and it's made me buy a bottle of the Edt. So its a wow and love for the Edt and a like for the parfum version.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2014
Bulgari Le Gemme Empyr is the latest I've tried. I was lucky enough to snag a free sample. I love the sandalwood in this. Now I'm on the hunt for more sandalwood fragrances if anyone can provide any!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Terre d Hermes - One regret I have had is selling the Edt version and buying the Parfum version. Now I like both but the edt has that uplifting citrus, orange cedar thing going on that I like. This is what I get from the Edt:

"Imagine a orange grove in Tuscany full of tilled earth and greenery. As you look up into the sky you notice a storm is gathering. The winds pick up and clouds roll in and the smell is a sweet, pungent zing in your nostrils. That's the sharp, fresh aroma of ozone."

It has a certain magic to my nose which I don't get in the Parfum version which intensifies the orange and grapefruit accord. It's as if terre d hermes edt has grown up and lost it's wonderlust and settled down into the Parfum version.

I had a old sample of the Edt which I used again and it's made me buy a bottle of the Edt. So its a wow and love for the Edt and a like for the parfum version.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You really do get the smell of an orange rotting in the mud after rain. Yet, it's still a clean smell. To me, the EDT and the Parfum are very similar, but I prefer the Parfum because it's woodiness give it a more mature vibe that makes it a little more versatile for evening/cooler weather wear. It's really a special scent and probably my favorite citrus ever.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Bulgari Le Gemme Empyr is the latest I've tried. I was lucky enough to snag a free sample. I love the sandalwood in this. Now I'm on the hunt for more sandalwood fragrances if anyone can provide any!
I've been meaning to try this one. Bloomingdales should have it available. I think I'll stop by and check today.

Latest News