Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Surprisingly everything that I purchased lately...

Adolfo Dominguez - Agua Fresca
Proteo - Mediterraneum (big wow - ordered 2 back-ups right after the first sniff!)
Annick Goutal - Les Colognes Vetiver
Guerlain - Vol de Nuit EDT (big wow)
Guerlain - Mistouko EDT
Hermes - Eau d'Hermes vintage
Gucci - Guilty Cologne
Frapin - Paradis Perdu
Frapin - Caravelle Epicee
Valentino - Vendetta pour Homme (big wow)

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
Bogart - Furyo (vintage)

It arrived this morning.
Mint condition.

Warm, smooth, velvety, animalic, musky, some kind of soapiness*, mild incensy, spicy (cinnamon, cumin, cloves, black pepper), floral (petals, rose and jasmine, ethereal from musk), leathery/suede (castoreum/musk/patchouli), sandalwood, ambery-vanilic (dry-down) with the right amount of sweetness.

*Soapy-detergent-petrol, but very smooth, not heady at all. The same note/accord is present in Dusita - Oud Infini, but here (Furyo) is dialed down, airy and smooth.
This is probably from the civet. But I'm not sure.

It definitely was the source of inspiration for Dusita - Oud Infini.
But where Oud Infini is pungent and virulent, Furyo is silky smooth.
The Oud Infini rose is green. I don't get any green note from Furyo.
Both ambery accords are vanilic, but the vanilla is more prominent in Oud Infini.

Endlesly beautiful!
Everything is in its place.

Right to the top shelf.
Dior - Jules (vintage) goes down to the shelf below. RIP.

I can't explain how excited I am. :smiley:

10/10

LATER EDIT
Both ambery accords are vanilic, but the vanilla is more prominent in Oud Infini.
The amber accord from the deep dry-down - which is awesone - is waxy/honeyed, smoky and a tad salty (Furyo).

LATER LATER EDIT
10 hours with a single drop. Pretty impressive! :wink:

bogart-furyo-vintage.jpg

Yeah! I blue it. Pun intended. :tongue:

Last edited:

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
Spicebomb:
Always liked it but it's been more wowing recently

Maui Moisture Vanilla Bean Shampoo & Conditioner:
It's a hair product sure, but it's easily one of the best Vanilla Fragrances I've tried.
Smells Francis Kurkdjian esque, Something like Tihota, Ultra Male or maybe Celine Black Tie (not sure if he made that but smells like it IMO)

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Had no real expectations when I first sprayed the sample, and it was one of many I tried from HdP's discovery set, but 1828 recently smacked me upside the head, in a good way. While it's not a seamless experience (the ISO E sometimes frazzles my sinuses), something about the combination of these particular notes strikes the perfect chord for me. Just received a full bottle on Monday as an early birthday gift.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Jovoy Private Label - first worn today.

A single spray to the chest and I could feel this scent practically seething out of my shirt collar, that dark leather trying to find hapless passerby to slap in the face. Alas, I'm working from home. Still, it's been a joy to witness the insistent leather quiet down and transform into raw, dark vetiver and patchouli with a bit more warmth than expected. I imagine it's easy to overspray this one, but applied judiciously it's pretty incredible.

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
Le Male:
One of the first fragrances I've smelled, but I haven't worn it until recently. The Vanilla is just the right amount of powdery, really nice and soft. Addicting stuff, surprised it's took me this long to wear it.

Invictus Victory:
Smells like cola with some cocoa. The way it maintains the Invictus DNA while being totally different is pretty cool. Nose feel is on point as usual, smells unique to me, really good stuff.

I'd say this was my best sample haul in years, everything impressed me

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Sycomore EDP. I love the Encre Noire line for what it is, but they all have a sharp, slightly astringent, openly synthetic edge that I have to be in the mood for. They also tend to blow out my nose (presumably the megadose of ISO E is the culprit). Sycomore has a very similar vetiver accord, but the opening is brighter and blends in a mélange of citrus, florals, and aldehydes, and there's a glowing sandalwood note in the base that calls to mind EN a L'Extreme but feels so much more natural (even if it's probably not). It has good projection initially, though like many EDP's stays warm and close to the skin after that. Fortunately, it has impressive longevity and does not blow out my nose in the same way as EN. Might have to pick up a FB.

Staff online

Latest News