Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Diva D

Mar 23, 2012
I was genuinely shocked by how much I liked Tyrannosaurus Rex. Had always assumed it would be too much for me, but both I and my wife loved it on me.

jmac0011

Feb 19, 2018
Armani Attitude
Le Barbier De Tanger
Bracken Man

I see a lot of likes for Roja Danger Cologne. Just don't get it yet. I will have to revisit.

RawM.I.A.

Wait, What's That Smell?!
Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
I wasn't prepared for how awesome this one smells.

View attachment 144551

Yeah, got my nose on this today & its a wow for me also!
Some others that Wowed me as well:

Fragrance du Bois London Oud(this & Parisian are my favorite from the ones I've sampled)
Fragrance du Bois Oud Orange Intense(this is wonderful, can't wait to wear it more)
Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud(opening didn't impress me, but dry down was beautiful)
Fragrance du Bois Oud Noir Intense(this, oud wood, & carved oud are very similar, but this is the best of the 3)
Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade
Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli

ionone

Apr 20, 2020
Kerosene - Unknown Pleasures
I'm not a big fan of citruses, but this one is a good one
so beautiful, a bit like a lemon pie but there is so much more to it that makes it gourmand but not edible

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
Yeah, got my nose on this today & its a wow for me also!
Some others that Wowed me as well:

Fragrance du Bois London Oud(this & Parisian are my favorite from the ones I've sampled)
Fragrance du Bois Oud Orange Intense(this is wonderful, can't wait to wear it more)
Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud(opening didn't impress me, but dry down was beautiful)
Fragrance du Bois Oud Noir Intense(this, oud wood, & carved oud are very similar, but this is the best of the 3)
Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade
Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli

Love your latest WOW's and your Current Top Ten. You have exquisite taste.

ccdan

May 7, 2017
Dior Santal Noir. Every frag enthusiast should at least try it! Very nice smelling and very good performance! Pretty rare thing!

RawM.I.A.

Wait, What's That Smell?!
Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
Dior Santal Noir. Every frag enthusiast should at least try it! Very nice smelling and very good performance! Pretty rare thing!

Love Santal Noir, a gorgeous underrated scent from Dior.

Love your latest WOW's and your Current Top Ten. You have exquisite taste.

Why thank you, greatly appreciated, you have wonderful taste as well!

My latest Wow is Boadicea The Victorious Nemer.

Tried this in store several times & could not pick up the scent for the life of me, remembered I had a small sample & I'm blown away how this develops so beautifully.

pouring

May 22, 2013
2021 has been all about Nicolai for me.

Both New York Intense and Patchouli Intense are 5 star scents for me.

Both great great scents.

NYI is not the beast on me in terms of longevity that others claim it to be. But for the first couple of hours its great.

PI has a ridiculously long life on my skin and is such a clean mature scent. I (unlike some) do see it as safe if sprayed appropriately

I struggle to decide a favourite of the two - but love both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Love Santal Noir, a gorgeous underrated scent from Dior.

Why thank you, greatly appreciated, you have wonderful taste as well!

My latest Wow is Boadicea The Victorious Nemer.

Tried this in store several times & could not pick up the scent for the life of me, remembered I had a small sample & I'm blown away how this develops so beautifully.
Nemer is wonderful. Perhaps best in line from the ones I have tried.

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
Arabian Oud Kashmir. Been wearing this a few days the past week. Japanese Yuzu, Black Currant, Plum over some oud, rose and jasmine followed by a base of white musk, oud and vanilla. This stuff is sublime, elegant and wonderful.

MELVCMS01

Sep 7, 2015
All my recent acquistions have blown me away!

Tom Ford Black Violet
Tom Ford Plum Japonais
Fragrance Du Bois Sahraa Oud (Paper label) and Oud Bleu Intense
Bortnikoff Chypre Du Nord

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
Versace - Versus

I bought it for sentimental reasons - it's the oldest perfume I can remember, from my teens. I remember liking it.
My expectations was pretty low.

It's awesome! A huge surprise.

It also has that extraordinary accord that I find in many vintage perfumes - waxy orris, rose/flowers, sandalwood, labdanum/resins. I could smell this for a whole day.
You can smell this accord only when you stick your nose into your wrist. It's not perceptible in the air.

versace-versus-2.jpg

versace-versus-1.jpg

FISS80

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2011
Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady
Rarely wear a fragrance 2 days in a row but I had to wear it again today. WOWed by the amazing drydown and the extreme tenacity of this creation.

Latest News