Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
We're close to 2021, so let's go:

Chris Rusak - 33, Relief and Io. (big wows)
AdV - Palissandre d'Or and Aedes de Venustas (original)
CdG - Wonderoud, Kyoto, Hinoki and Dover Street Market (a long time I didn't wear the sample of DSM I had, really great)
Kenzo - Jungle Homme (yes, I swear!)
Tom Daxton - Resin Sacra
Reims - L'Eau Gothique
Motif Olfactif - Vetu de Vert
Just Jack - London Eye

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
I checked out a sample of Siwa by Memo and was wowed. I was about to toss it but thought I'd spritz some on.

To me, I finally tracked down what it reminded me of that I own and it's Carner's Tardes. I didn't see much similarity with the notes, but I do get a strong almond/heliotrope from Siwa. It's not listed, but I swear that's what it gives me. Anyway, if I didn't already own Tardes, I was seriously toying with the idea of getting a full bottle.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Dolce & Gabanna The One Mysterious Night has been a pleasure to wear these last couple of weeks. Creates new ground in the saturated oud/rose market, a very jammy rose, superbly done.

Ged

Nov 9, 2005
Declaration d'un Soir - worn last night and this morning, gentle wafts wow'ing me at random times with spicy rose fresh elegance

FISS80

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2011
Chanel Coromandel eau de Parfum
Really, really good. Very smooth and sweet. Perfect for the winter season. I said I wasn't purchasing anything else this year but really tempted to pick up a bottle.

ionone

Apr 20, 2020
Olympic Orchids - Golden Cattleya
totally different from the other offerings from the brand
very strong (1 spray fills the room) and really amazing
never smelled this type of scent before

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Roja Danger Cologne. Love this and so does my wife. Three sprays gave me great performance yesterday. I own Elysium, Danger and Creation-E, but Danger is my fave.

It's great, ain't it? If I didn't already have the Parfum, I would have definitely gotten the PC. The DNA is so good. I know it's like Heritage, but it's definitely richer, more opulent.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
These days it seems my new found love is from the house of Teone Reinthal or TRNP. A few dazzlers for me are East, D'Auigler, Winter Light, Night Song, The Path, White Lotus and Nerfertum.I have not tried Embers of Garden of Pleasures yet which many who are more familiar with house has spoken highly of over the past year. Incredible stuff and at least to my nose echos her talent in blending.

FISS80

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2011
It's great, ain't it? If I didn't already have the Parfum, I would have definitely gotten the PC. The DNA is so good. I know it's like Heritage, but it's definitely richer, more opulent.

Not to jack a post but the Parfum is on another level! I literally saved months to be able to get a bottle because I was totally mesmerized by it. Was getting by on decants and samples. Ill have to get my nose on the Parfum Cologne version though. I've heard good things about it.

ionone

Apr 20, 2020
D.L.Roelen Ambivalence
WOW this is insane. One perfume you have never smelled before, this is green and floral (maybe a cannabis touch), but SO good and unique

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
I'm really curious about this one. How does it compare to vintage Heritage?

I sampled it to death in November and went FB in December for my Christmas splurge.

I like HERITAGE a lot and it is similar. Many think it's a waste of money and I won't argue or get preachy about ROJA.

I find it a bit edgier. It has a dose of cumin which to some is gross, but to me it's nicely and discreetly done, making it a bit more "DANGERous" than HERITAGE. I think longevity is better for me too.

Don't blind buy it. Get a small decant of the POUR HOMME PARFUM COLOGNE if you're tempted.

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
Flamenco Neroli by L’Orchestre Parfum

I am late in the game trying this house’s offerings due to their lack of availability in the States, but I love the “Sound Scents” concept (obviously), and if this first perfume tried is a good example of the rest of their offerings, I will be playing catch-up sampling others in record time. A superb neroli perfume to be sure.

Fernaldo

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 10, 2020
Grand Soir and another vote for Roja Danger! I had a small decant of Danger Parfum Pour Homme and over Christmas decided to buy a bottle. What a glorious, well blended, well-rounded fragrance. I had Creation-E and honestly, it's too much. Sold it.

The first time smelling Grand Soir was yesterday and wow. For such a small note list, this is a real stunner. I'm going to have to pick up a bottle!

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Grand Soir and another vote for Roja Danger! I had a small decant of Danger Parfum Pour Homme and over Christmas decided to buy a bottle. What a glorious, well blended, well-rounded fragrance. I had Creation-E and honestly, it's too much. Sold it.

The first time smelling Grand Soir was yesterday and wow. For such a small note list, this is a real stunner. I'm going to have to pick up a bottle!

For some reason I think you'll like MFK Masculin Pluriel

Staff online

Latest News