Fragrances spotted in movies

KillerScent

Basenotes Member
Oct 31, 2010
Maybe it's a silly topic , but since I'm interested in fragrances every time I watch a film and see a bathroom (or any other place/situation) with bottles I try to spot which fragrances could be there.
The other day I spotted Allure pour homme in "Tamara Drewe".
Do you do the same? in that case, which fragrances/movies?

slvrbckgorilla

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2011
I was actually trying to figure out the other day what cologne I saw Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men (sorry, not a major motion picture...)spray on. It was shaped like a traditional Old Spice bottle, but, was frosted glass. I checked out the Old Spice line on here and didn't see one that looked similar. That is my most recent scent in pop culture sighting.

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
"Cheri" with Michele Pfeiffer. A still beautiful but aging Belle Epoque courtesan embarks on a love affair with the son of one of her colleagues. Leah daubs on perfume at her dressing table. This film is a feast for the eyes of fans of Art Nouveau: the costumes, the architecture, the decorative arts.

"The Red Baron" with Mathias Schweighofer. A highly fictionalised tale based on the life of the great German fighter ace of World War I. The wounded air warrior awakens in a hospital to the smell of his nurse's perfume, later making her his mistress. He says she smells, "much better than flowers."

"Coco and Igor" with Mads Mickessen. Lots of scenes with perfume references, including the boutique launch of Chanel No. 5 and the parfumerie of Ernest Beaux. See this film just for the perfume.

Last edited:

Le Grand Duc

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 9, 2010
Patrick Bateman wears YSL pour Homme as seen in 'American Psycho'.

Poison; Ysatis and other frags are visable in the beginning of 'She-Devil'
starring Roseanne and Meryl Streep.

Mertevenk

Basenotes Member
Feb 25, 2011
In an episode of Sex and the City series (season 6, episode 12, namely "One"), there is Creed's Spring Flower on Samantha's bathroom sink.
Also in another episode (season 4, episode 7, "Time and Punishment), Carrie has the Baies candle from Diptyque. It's not a fragrance but I thought it was good enough to post.

OMG! We are soooo nerdy! ;)

Yes! The only thing I'm nerdier about than fragrances is Sex and the City! Watched the series over twenty times. :)

Moose

Basenotes Member
Feb 14, 2011
In Grey's Anatomy Alex Karev has Old Spice in his locker at work. Don't know which episode it's visible in but certainly in a more recent series.

beleriand

Apr 19, 2013
There's a scene in IT Part 2 where someone goes into an antique store and there are some empty (I think) bottles of Guerlain Mahora behind the counter. This was funny to me because as soon as I saw that it was an antique store, I started reflexively scanning the place for vintage perfumes and also because I had purchased a bottle of Mahora just that day or maybe the day before.

ionone

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 20, 2020
in a movie with nicholas Cage on Netflix, at one moment he asks his wife about the choice of his day frag, and he said "noir or portofino" something like that, two TF frags

annetteo

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 20, 2014
There is a really good Web page called borntobeunicorn dot com that list a all /most perfumes in movies, TV etc and photos of stars dressing tables

VCAPH

Aug 28, 2017
Patrick Bateman wears YSL pour Homme as seen in 'American Psycho'.

Poison; Ysatis and other frags are visable in the beginning of 'She-Devil'
starring Roseanne and Meryl Streep.

Bateman also has Caron Pour Un Homme and Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui in his cabinet ( and a couple of others I forget)
In the book his signature is Paul Sebastian Fine Cologne

Latest News