Fragrancenet updated 37% off code

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I seem to have an issue making any purchase from Fragrancenet. I'm based in Europe, however, when I want to make the payment (both via PayPal and Credit Card), I am putting in my friend's address who is based in the US. Regardless, they won't allow my payment to go through. WTF? Wrote to them and customer service is of no help either. Tried to purchase from them some time ago and had the same issue.
With Paypal: usually the retailers will only ship to the address listed on Paypal, because it is the address covered by the G&S insurance (the seller pays a ~3.5% fee for 'Goods and services'). If the parcel does not arrive at that address, the buyer could file a claim to Paypal for shipment error, and Paypal would likely rule in favor of the buyer. And indeed, that address should be identical to the billing address of the CC.

With direct CC purchases: most of online US retailers and US payment processor will only accept payments by CC issued by a US bank. I cannot link my French CC on my US Paypal account, because the billing address is in France. I perfectly know this problem: when I first arrived in the US, my French CC was working to withdraw cash or make in store payments, but not to make online payments. So for a couple of weeks, I could not open my utility accounts until I received my first US debit card and checkbook. I had to go to pay my first round of utility bills and lease security deposit at a 'currency exchange' store, by paying with cash withdrawn from an ATM! lol

FragranceNet (USA) only ships in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico (they probably accept CC from these countries, I'm not sure how it works). You might try to do your purchase on one of FragranceNet's international sites: Australia, China, Mexico, Netherlands, Middle East. But my guess is that you will encounter the same issue.

In a nutshell: the best option for you is to wire the money to your friend, ask her/him to do the purchase, and then ask again to forward you the parcel, at your risk and expense. Despite the marketing they consistently do about the 'global world', the banking system is faaaaaar from being a global system. Legally, Paypal is not a global financial institution. It's a series of financial institutions (one per country), grouped under a single flag for marketing and cost cutting purposes.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
With Paypal: usually the retailers will only ship to the address listed on Paypal, because it is the address covered by the G&S insurance (the seller pays a ~3.5% fee for 'Goods and services'). If the parcel does not arrive at that address, the buyer could file a claim to Paypal for shipment error, and Paypal would likely rule in favor of the buyer. And indeed, that address should be identical to the billing address of the CC.

With direct CC purchases: most of online US retailers and US payment processor will only accept payments by CC issued by a US bank. I cannot link my French CC on my US Paypal account, because the billing address is in France. I perfectly know this problem: when I first arrived in the US, my French CC was working to withdraw cash or make in store payments, but not to make online payments. So for a couple of weeks, I could not open my utility accounts until I received my first US debit card and checkbook. I had to go to pay my first round of utility bills and lease security deposit at a 'currency exchange' store, by paying with cash withdrawn from an ATM! lol

FragranceNet (USA) only ships in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico (they probably accept CC from these countries, I'm not sure how it works). You might try to do your purchase on one of FragranceNet's international sites: Australia, China, Mexico, Netherlands, Middle East. But my guess is that you will encounter the same issue.

In a nutshell: the best option for you is to wire the money to your friend, ask her/him to do the purchase, and then ask again to forward you the parcel, at your risk and expense. Despite the marketing they consistently do about the 'global world', the banking system is faaaaaar from being a global system. Legally, Paypal is not a global financial institution. It's a series of financial institutions (one per country), grouped under a single flag for marketing and cost cutting purposes.
Everything that you just said makes perfect sense. I came to the same conclusions and decided that next time I will have someone in the US purchase the item for me and forward it here.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
37% is back on the website,
I confirm! Not sure about the coupon code, but with a search redirected from Google, it shows up automatically.
That said, they still haven't solved their stock management issues... Indeed I ordered 2 bottles yesterday, only to find that they refunded me one today, despite it still shows up on the website...

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Oh I see.. wow I guess I forgot about inflation on everything, even frags.
Oh yes... prices have definitely increased by a good 10-15% at discounters in the last 2 years...
And the thing is that the % of discount on FNet doesn't count a lot, because it is calculated on their base prices that... fluctuate depending on the discount rate, to ensure that the final price is always roughly the same.

Latest News