Fragrance Photography - Post a pic

thescentguru

Basenotes Junkie
May 12, 2019
I don't see a thread for just posting pics of fragrances. I know many of us are avid photographers, so here's a place to post a pic and short quip.
I just grabbed my camera, put the bottle on the counter, shut the blinds and snapped. Like it? Let's see yours!

Terryfic Oud Extrême by Terry de Gunzburg 4 notes, Rose, saffron, leather, and oud

JBHoren

I'm a social vegan. I avoid meet.
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
I don't see a thread for just posting pics of fragrances. I know many of us are avid photographers, so here's a place to post a pic and short quip.
Post a Picture of Your Scents - 2023 -- it's not the same as your thread, and I think there's potential for them to be complementary. Are you a professional photographer? An amateur, leaning toward the professional? (asking for a friend)

thescentguru

Basenotes Junkie
May 12, 2019
Post a Picture of Your Scents - 2023 -- it's not the same as your thread, and I think there's potential for them to be complementary. Are you a professional photographer? An amateur, leaning toward the professional? (asking for a friend)
retired. Former pro who decided I don't like shooting for others, got a regular job and shoot for myself. Seriously though this image is very simple, handheld on my kitchen counter in ambient light.

JBHoren

Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
retired. Former pro who decided I don't like shooting for others, got a regular job and shoot for myself. Seriously though this image is very simple, handheld on my kitchen counter in ambient light.
Wonderful. I'm strictly amateur... I've been taking photographs of my shaving setups -- more "on" than "off" -- since 2007. I post them on a wetshaving forum... and for the past few years, on here, as well. When I had more room, I used a homemade light-box, but now it's bathroom counter.

One thing I really like is when BNers take their own photos of their fragrances and post them in the SOTD threads; I think it's worlds-better than cut-and-pasting some manufacturer's marketing stuff.

I'll be looking for posts to this thread!

JBHoren

Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007

JBHoren

Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
Well that worked I guess, lol……not a great pic, but a start!
Good start!

Next step: Learn how to reduce the photo's size, so it doesn't take-up more than a single screen; scrolling down... and down... and down through a huge photograph is a royal PITA (and you lose continuity-of-content in the process).

HINT: Insert a "thumbnail"-sized photo — even a ¼-size version — and, if someone wants to view the full-size, s/he can simply click on it, and voila! the original is displayed (overlaid). Use "Preview" to check if your photo is larger than a single screen, and adjust accordingly.

Cheetah1919

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 16, 2016
Good start!

Next step: Learn how to reduce the photo's size, so it doesn't take-up more than a single screen; scrolling down... and down... and down through a huge photograph is a royal PITA (and you lose continuity-of-content in the process).

HINT: Insert a "thumbnail"-sized photo — even a ¼-size version — and, if someone wants to view the full-size, s/he can simply click on it, and voila! the original is displayed (overlaid). Use "Preview" to check if your photo is larger than a single screen, and adjust accordingly.
On my end here it’s displayed at about the same size as a few of the above photos. I’ll have to look for the preview!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
They're pretty close to each other. So far this one is depicting bottles individually while the other shows multiple bottles or even a collection.

CeeTee

Dec 30, 2022
You're doing great, I'd say keep practicing, focus on separating your subject from the background, removing background objects which draws our eyes to the subject
I did the opposite in mine. It blends into the background. i’m no photographer. I knew it was a bad shot, but I just liked the idea of it. (The thought that counts? 🤣) Then I took one where the background is different, but the lighting is poor. I’d love your opinion on which is better/worse.
Thanks for the great thread!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp