Fragrance Battle of the Day (4/1/14): Knize Ten vs Flame, the fragrance, by Burger King

Which is more awesome, and so on and so forth, et cetera?

• Total voters
Jul 7, 2012
Which is better?

Also, in case you haven't smelled it, keep in mind that Luca Turin gave Flame By BK five stars.

nd.7913.jpg

burger-king-flame-by-bk-01-570x317.jpg

Last edited:

stargarden

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 13, 2014
gotta go with THE KING for this one. Love the fireside Don Bailey pose (this will only make sense to my Miami brethren)

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
Just might need to blind-buy this. Who doesn't like the smell of a flame-broiled burger?

I'm afraid to see the type of woman that would come up to me and tell me I smelled good though. She would probably be in a different weight class than I would like.

CapriDog

Mar 1, 2012
Just might need to blind-buy this. Who doesn't like the smell of a flame-broiled burger?

I'm afraid to see the type of woman that would come up to me and tell me I smelled good though. She would probably be in a different weight class than I would like.

Doug - she would eat you ALIVE!

PalmBeach

Apr 5, 2012
I may have to change my vote. I just read the current batch of Flame does not smell as charbroiled as last years batch and does not have the longevity as years past. I have also been told, that it has a heavy smell of pickles, which I hate.

By the way, the batch that is being reported for this year is BK106879V22859-22849687BBR-2089745. Can anyone tell me if it is true?

Damn BK for the batch variation.:angry:

Arij

Jun 18, 2013
I love that Flame is kicking Knize Ten's ass.

I love the marketing brief: "The WHOPPER sandwich is America's favorite burger. FLAME by BK captures the essence of that love and gives it to you. Behold the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

If formulation/kayfabe is preserved, this well deserved thread is going to be a classic like the BK® Double Stacker, and hopefully going to illuminate this fragrance for nascent BNers. I just hope the masses don't jump on this bandwagon months from now, and make it another overhyped sticky thread.

Last edited:

stargarden

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 13, 2014
Palm Beach -- I just spit my coffee on the computer monitor.

I was hoping to get one with more "apple pie" smell, but I guess I got another smoky batch....:vrolijk_1:

Arij

Jun 18, 2013
By the way, the batch that is being reported for this year is BK106879V22859-22849687BBR-2089745. Can anyone tell me if it is true?

It usually depends which logo is on the box. Is it the old or the new BK logo, you got there? You should also check that sodium nitrite is included in the ingredient list. It's what keeps meat so fresh!

burger-king.png

Jridgen

Dec 22, 2010
The one I have it BK -1645734bkbk-7.

I like it because it has that soured underneath-fat-roll-sweat note as well as the chewing gum and teenagager-saliva-on-stale-cigarette-butts-in-employee-breakroom note. This is like something Comme does Garcons would have created.

bigbz

Apr 30, 2013
I may have to change my vote. I just read the current batch of Flame does not smell as charbroiled as last years batch and does not have the longevity as years past. I have also been told, that it has a heavy smell of pickles, which I hate.

LMAO! As if this thread wasn't entertaining enough already....EPIC!:thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2012

I think you're confusing Flame with its summer flanker, Eau du Flame Avec Cornichons.

Jul 7, 2012
Palm Beach -- I just spit my coffee on the computer monitor.

I was hoping to get one with more "apple pie" smell, but I guess I got another smoky batch....:vrolijk_1:

That was Flame Pour Femme. The working version of Flame PF smelled like their Big Fish Deluxe, but that one never made it past the focus groups, half of whom walked out and the rest only stayed because they were promised a free BK Dutch Apple Pie. Supposedly, the BK Perfumer (properly pronounced as Bee Kay PerfumAY) walked into the room filled with the smell of the apple pies, and thus, the concept for what became their femme fragrance flanker was born. Le Pomme du Flame Pour Femme didn't sell well though, since you could actually get a better smell by sticking an apple pie in your pocket (which also had the benefit of providing you with a snack for later).

Latest News