First Kurkdjian Dior and the future

What will be Kurkdjian's first masculine designer fragrance for Dior

• Flanker in Eau Sauvage line

• Flanker in Fahrenheit line

• Flanker in Homme line

• Flanker in Sauvage line

• Reformulation of another Dior classic (e.g. Jules)

• Brand new pillar fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrewthecologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2006
Sauvage's success is bound to temper at some point; I see it as the Fahrenheit of the 2030s although it will never be a Fahrenheit in my book.
That said, I think FK will want to release something totally new, to be the flagship mass appeal scent.
What direction? I don't know, my guess will be something syrupy sweet that blurs the gender line.
Unless 'they' get together to make decide what 'we' will love re: Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, etc.
Wishing for a re-launch of Jules even if limited.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Sauvage's success is bound to temper at some point; I see it as the Fahrenheit of the 2030s although it will never be a Fahrenheit in my book.
That said, I think FK will want to release something totally new, to be the flagship mass appeal scent.
What direction? I don't know, my guess will be something syrupy sweet that blurs the gender line.
Unless 'they' get together to make decide what 'we' will love re: Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, etc.
Wishing for a re-launch of Jules even if limited.
Huh? Jules was re-launched in 2016 by Demachy. Own a bottle, good stuff. Was that one discontinued already by accountants from LVMH who checked it's niche-like, hard to wear and doesn't make profit? Not cool.

I used to repeat Demachy is killing Dior. But now I'm 100% sure it's not that way. It's LVMH with its policy that are actually killing Dior :(

Last edited:

Andrewthecologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2006
Huh? Jules was re-launched in 2016 by Demachy. Own a bottle, good stuff. Was that one discontinued already by accountants from LVMH who checked it's niche-like, hard to wear and doesn't make profit? Not cool.

I used to repeat Demachy is killing Dior. But now I'm 100% sure it's not that way. It's LVMH with its policy that are actually killing Dior :(
Oh no, I meant a re-launch of the re-launch: FK's take on Jules!! :)
I don't doubt that LVMH is prolly making decisions that lean towards profit over fanbase, but at the end of the day, you need profit to run a business :)

Demachy is artistic, and I like his work.

Vinrambo09

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 14, 2010
With Dior Sauvage sales surging hand and fist due to Johnny Deep as its brand ambassador, it is going to be exceedingly difficult for Kurkdjian to come up with a more lucrative pillar fragrance.

scentimus

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 7, 2000
To dovetail on Vinrambo09:
Bring back Johnny on long term contract for the face of Savage, means dior is far from done with pushing that pillar. It will be their male counterpart to j’doir in flanker to death category.

Mistertaz

Dec 15, 2010
I think that Dior is doing so well with Sauvage that they will not mess with its success. I suspect that FK will primarily work on a new blockbuster for women instead.

However, now that Dior Homme has been destroyed, I really hope they come out with a re-launch of Fahrenheit. I miss Fahrenheit Absolute personally.

Latest News