Firmenich Iris Absolute Synth No 184031

mnitabach

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 13, 2020
I have just obtained some Firmenich Iris Absolute Synth No 184031 & wondering about dosing ranges. Given that it's mostly irone, I'm assuming to start with closer to 0.1% than 1% as a component of a complete fragrance to confer an iris effect. Does that sound right? Any direct experience with this material is also very welcome!

mnitabach

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 13, 2020
OK, reporting back on first experiment. I added iris absolute synth 184031 to a drastically stripped-down skeletal fougère at 1% of formula. This was beautiful for about the first hour on skin, creating lovely powdery orris top effects, yet transparent to the fougère elements themselves. But then starting around an hour, it seems like this is an undue overdose of the material, and strongly suppresses the vividness of the fougère heart accord. I guess it's the irone doing this? Anyway, I think in this context a modest decrease in the dose could be very good. So in the 1% range was a very good starting point!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp