Firmenich Aldehydal 861 SA

mnitabach

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 13, 2020
Anyone have a clue as to how this Firmenich "Aldehydal" base could be substituted? It seems not to even exist other than in this formula, but I assume it is a very diluted mix of aliphatic aldehydes in a diluent + stabilizer?

Screenshot_20221008-015304.png

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
You mean this one?

It's a sophisticated base, I think I've seen a formula in my endowment, but I don't readily find it right now. I suppose you could send out a sample for gcms tests, too, if you've a mind to.

I've had this sample for ten years or more, and it was probably aged when I got it from a surplus dealer then.

Attachments

• 20221008_001547.jpg
    20221008_001547.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 32

mnitabach

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 13, 2020
You mean this one?

It's a sophisticated base, I think I've seen a formula in my endowment, but I don't readily find it right now. I suppose you could send out a sample for gcms tests, too, if you've a mind to.

I've had this sample for ten years or more, and it was probably aged when I got it from a surplus dealer then.
Since it's aldehydes, you figure it's probably no good anymore? 😹 😹 😹

msaintdizier

Basenotes Member
Jan 28, 2019
Aldehydine 10
Application: specialty bases
Cosmetic, Fragrances and Flavors, Louis Appel, 1982, Novox, Inc. pg. 326
For Fragrance Use
20.00phenyl acetaldehyde 50%
40.00benzyl acetate
10.00geranium oil bourbon
10.00ylang ylang oil
55.00aldehyde C-11 undecylenic 10%
25.00aldehyde C-12 mna
100.00phenethyl alcohol
150.00geraniol
150.00citronellol
10.00labdanum resinoid
50.00cyclamen aldehyde
60.00sandalwood oil
10.00vetiver oil haiti
10.00isoamyl salicylate
20.00coumarin
35.00hydroxycitronellal
20.00alpha-amyl cinnamaldehyde
20.00aldehyde C-14 10%
25.00musk ambrette replacer
180.00DIPG
1000.00Total

jfrater

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2005
Aldalia and aldehone were both early bases - very complex with lots of naturals and other bases in them also. I don't recall who made the first but aldehone was by Roure and one was a copy of the other. Jean Carles used it (aldehone) in Ma Griffe.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, sir.
I am grateful that you wish to share.
Just don't assume that you have the market cornered on Perfume formulas, vintage or otherwise, that's all.
Your behavior here in this forum is rather immature for a person of your age and intelligence.

jfrater

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2005
I have the original Aldalia for sale - ready to use in your perfumes. In the early 20th century, after Aldalia came aldehone by Roure, an attempt to copy it. Aldalia is amazing - a sweet and woody aldehydic lily of the valley with rose nuances. It is very unique and can be used at quite a decent dose. I have a demo formula for a 1,000 like perfume which uses it. You can download that here.

LaFou

Sep 18, 2022
I have the original Aldalia for sale - ready to use in your perfumes. In the early 20th century, after Aldalia came aldehone by Roure, an attempt to copy it. Aldalia is amazing - a sweet and woody aldehydic lily of the valley with rose nuances. It is very unique and can be used at quite a decent dose. I have a demo formula for a 1,000 like perfume which uses it. You can download that here.
The picture thumb is phenomenal 😅

jfrater

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2005
Hi, you seem to have access to some wonderful historical reference,

if I may ask you please, as you mentioned it’s public knowledge, where can I access those informations?

online? Books i could buy? certain libraries I have to visit?
Those formulas are extracted from online patents - I am not sure the site he uses to find them but they are typically public formulas used to demonstrate new materials in patent applications.

and yes, in this formula you would add 100 parts musk tincture 3%. That formula

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...