Feminine cedar fragrance recommendations

K

Kerosene

My wife was asking for recommendations for a fresh, light floral cedar fragrance. Thanks!

scent

Jan 17, 2009
APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdijan features a breathtaking orange blossom heart over a base of androgynous cedarwood. Or perhaps Chanel No. 19 with its melancholy heart of rose and iris and a woody base of vetiver and cedarwood.

PS: Love your youtube vids :)

bookwyrmsmith

Oct 25, 2009
She should probably try the unfortunately discontinued unisex Escada Sport Country Weekend. It's my go to for a nice cedar chest scent . Maybe Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Extrem'e? I haven't tried it but Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is supposedly lemon and cedar LOTS of cedar .A customer where I work drenched herself in Lt.Blue -I could taste it from across the store!
On a positive note my Sis-in-law's elder sister is considering Lt blue for her this year's scent .I may need to sample/mini purchase this -if only" for reference".

K

Kerosene

Crap. I should have been more specific. She's not a fan of orange blossom and roses. She does like iris though. Her favorite scents are Astor Place, Light Blue, Coach to name a couple. But she really likes cedar tones but we are having a tough time finding a cedar she likes.

Thanks for the suggestions and for watching my channel. :)

G

Guest 3

Moschino I love Love has light florals and cedar, but it smells a lot of D&G Blue. I really like both of those. I've been enjoying Dior Dolce Vita, but that's not a light floral. The cedar in it is very nice, however. Just saying. And there is an "eau" version, but I've never sniffed it so I don't know what that's like. Good luck, hope you get some good suggestions! I like a well done cedar myself, but I hate when it's harsh and scratchy.

Weimar27

Aug 16, 2010
Did you ever try Cedar D.S. & Durga for women

A dry woody aroma with a bouquet of roses. It features atlas, Virginian and Hiba cedar wood, reminding of Native Americans and their rituals. It is a part of the Feminine Collection II Solos. Available as 20 ml EDP

volley2

Jun 14, 2009
Where's JaimeB?

Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat by Guerlain. Try if you can find the Eau de toilette version.

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Salvador Dali is one of the nicest cedar-based
perfumes for women I can think of.

i41v60.jpg

U

Un profumo affettuoso

A cheap one: Fraicheur vegetale de Cedre bleu by Yves Rocher.
Wonderful!

bluesoul

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 5, 2008
L'Occitane Notre Flore Cedre is a lighter unisex take on atlas cedar, slightly camphorous but altogether lovely on either sex.

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
I recall Caleche Eau Delicate has a cedar note.

Boucheron Trouble EDP has a note of blue cedar.

Gaultier Ma Dame is a rose musk with cedar.

kauinca

Dec 3, 2007
What about Dior Addict Shine? There's some fruit in it, so it's not just cedar and floral, but it's actually nice IMO. Sort of like taking a walk in the country on a sunny day.

Heartwood

Jan 15, 2007
Cedar is a note I really like (as long as it's not too medicinal), but don't find often in women's scents, so I'm enjoying this thread. The only fragrance I've found that's definitely cedar (not simply "woods") and unquestionably feminine is another cheapie-- Avon Rare Sapphires. I find it to be pretty much straightforward cedar and gardenia; not an extraordinary scent, but hits the spot when I wants something that's very cedar-y, floral, and not sweet. Also, I can relate to your wife's not liking orange blossom as white florals are tricky for me, but the gardenia here is easily wearable for me. Another recommendation would be Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar, but it's more unisex.

nosyneighbor

Oct 23, 2012
By Kilian's new In the City of Sin is very cedary, barely floral with Turkish rose and spicy with ginger, cardamom and cumin. The overall effect is light, dry, fruity, incensy with the rose enhancing the Atlas and Virginia cedar. Plus, the case is gorgeous. It would make a nice holiday gift.

nabiki

Jun 7, 2013
I found the shiseido version of feminite du bois was much woodier and lasted much longer. I would smell it on my jackets even weeks after i wore them with this perfume. unfortunately it is now discontinued and the serge lutens version is much lighter and nowhere near as long lasting. I agree with the suggestion of cedre by serge lutens or ambre sultan which has tart top notes but softens into a beautiful woody dream !

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

Magnifiscent

Jan 5, 2005
Just a few feminine cedar suggestions:

Miller et Bertaux #1 Parfum Trouvé

Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible

Marni edp (not very floral, it has rose and spices but features a nice smooth cedarwood base)

Maria Candida Gentile Lady Day: beautiful gardenia, more on the green dewy side, with a good leathery cedarwood base

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

VintagePoison

Jan 30, 2013
Serge Lutens Cedre - however, it is not light and it is not flowery but it IS gorgeous.

Have you actually smelled this? There is almost no hint of cedar and it's a huge tuberose fragrance. Don't let the name fool you.

snuffling_wombat

Jan 9, 2016
Very late to this but I'll add the current formulation of Alpona parfum. On me at least, candied-ish citrus dries down into a really rich and scratchy cedar. It's what made me realize that I enjoy cedar in fragrance, which in turn is how I ended up in this thread with many fantastic-sounding recommendations!

Whoops, no floral notes to speak of, though - sorry.

Last edited:

thediamondsea

Jan 10, 2016
There's a new Prada Infusion d'Iris Cedre that just came out last year. That might fit the bill.

Givenchy has, or had, an Irrésistible flanker with cedar, too, I think. It could be worth checking out, if it's still around.

Encens ancien

May 13, 2018
Narciso EDP, by Narciso Rodriguez (the white cube bottle).

Abstract gardenia and musk over a cedarwood base, but my skin at least pulls a LOT of cedar. Just purchased it for exactly this reason.

Last edited:

ArnaudBoson

May 29, 2015
I'm not sure Kerosen is still looking for recommendations after seven years of searching but great fragrances have been released since 2011, and those three contain beautiful notes of cedar.

Stash by SJP
Blu Mediterraneo Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma
Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Many great names already recommended.

Also mentioning certain fresh unisex cedar aspects in Accordo di Ebano by l'Erbolario (in spite of the name rather suggestion far more ebony rather than cedar) while also Frescaessenza and Regine dei Prati by the same house of l'Erbolario, Woods of Windsor Cedar Woods, a few Zara options containing the cedar indication actually in their very name.

All these and more for the more unisex angle just enough the become sufficiently versatile among the light, fresh also at least minimally floral feminine cedar scent options.

Staff online

Latest News