Favorite Green Tea Fragrances?

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
The Bulgari one is probably still a reference. Arden Green tea is good and rock bottom cheap (I got it for $10 at TJmaxx).

cacio

thekelleybelle

Mar 14, 2018
I still love the original Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, and I'm currently wearing a flanker, Green Tea Mimosa, quite a lot. BR90: Pure White also has a nice green tea note, but it's blended in and not the star of the show.

I have several green tea scents on my test list, and others may be able to comment further with recommendations or warnings:

Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra, Guerlain
B. Skin, Balenciaga
Bianca, Tocca
Panda, Zoologist
Replica Tea Escape, Martin Margiela

Green Tea No. 1900 by C.O. Bigelow and Jade Matcha by Thymes are also supposedly wonderful, but they're both difficult to find.

Edited to say that Thymes has another scent, Green Tea, that is currently available as a body lotion and a cologne: http://www.thymes.com/Fragrances/Green-Tea/

neurotica

Jul 31, 2018
I still love the original Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, and I'm currently wearing a flanker, Green Tea Mimosa, quite a lot. BR90: Pure White also has a nice green tea note, but it's blended in and not the star of the show.

I have several green tea scents on my test list, and others may be able to comment further with recommendations or warnings:

Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra, Guerlain
B. Skin, Balenciaga
Bianca, Tocca
Panda, Zoologist
Replica Tea Escape, Martin Margiela

Green Tea No. 1900 by C.O. Bigelow and Jade Matcha by Thymes are also supposedly wonderful, but they're both difficult to find.

Edited to say that Thymes has another scent, Green Tea, that is currently available as a body lotion and a cologne: http://www.thymes.com/Fragrances/Green-Tea/

Thank you for these! I have Bianca by Tocca and absentmindedly tried it on tonight for the first time in awhile, which reminded me that I should seek out more green tea scents. I will check these out!

Parfum de peau

Aug 18, 2006
The Body Shop Green Tea is really good and very cheap. They also have bath/body products.

My favourite is still Bvlgari’s. I believe the cologne has been reformulated (of course). I am still upset they discontinued the extrême version.

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
^^
I love the Bvlgari Thé Vert Extrême best. It's still available on eBay for a decent price. And another vote for Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. Cheap and cheerful and marvelous.

(And thanks N.Cal for the suggestion. I must try the Yves Rocher Frâicheur Végétale.)

Zilpha

Aug 7, 2008
+1 for EA Green Tea, one of Francis Kurkdjian's earliest hits

L'Artisan Thé Pour un Eté is a lovely one but suffers from the usual L'Artisan lack of longevity

another cheap, simple but nice one is Galimard Lotus Thé Vert

thediamondsea

Jan 10, 2016
I'm probably the outlier here, but I don't love the Bulgari version, even though it was the OG Green Tea, and it's also one of Jean-Claude Ellena's true breakthrough creations. I appreciate its artistry, but I find that it's sort of screechy around the top (maybe an overdose of Hedione?), and that could be due to reformulation. It's still a reference, because you can use it to determine which way to go if you don't like it. It's also worth noting that Ellena's intention here was highly impressionistic, so it doesn't exactly smell like tea (at least to my nose), but more like the trace of tea wafting by. He was working from the overall headspace scent of an actual tea shop, rather than green tea itself, so I guess that's why. Anyway--

I think that Liz Arden's Green Tea is a more wearable version of the same idea, at least for my tastes--it's not as silvery-pale in the top notes, and it feels smoother and noticably more rounded. Oh, yeah--and it smells like tea. And Zilpha is right: this is a Francis Kurkdjian creation; he did (and still does!) lots of work for houses that aren't nearly expensive as his eponymous house (which he sold anyway), and I think sometimes his perfumes for other houses are more interesting. And, as previously stated, it's about 10 bucks at the discounters, plus there are endless flankers to play with, and some excellent anciallary products (the body cream--I think it has the word honey in it--is incredible). It's seriously one of the best cheap thrills you can buy, tea or no tea--a perfect work fragrance, as well asl something soothing when it's blazing hot outside or on days when you need something that isn't too aggro. Get the (now discontinued, I believe) extreme/intense/whatever version if you can, because it lasts longer.

I'm also a big fan of Tocca Bianca; I think it's more of a green tea with jasmine (not necessarily a jasmine tea, tho), and it's a little closer to the Bulgari in spirit. I used to wear it in stealthy amounts to a job where scent was absolutely verboten, because it's not recognizable as "perfume" unless you really pile it on. I like all the Tocca scents, tbh, for the same reason. Plus I'm a sucker for packaging. If you want a true jasmine tea, I think Kilian's Bamboo Harmony is supposed to be that--although I haven't smelled it myself.

If you must have sweet, then it's at least worth a look at Creed's Asian Green Tea. Is it the Grail? Not in my opinion, but some people think it is. It has always struck me as green tea with sugar (and you're not supposed to sweeten the green stuff). L'Occitane's The Vert is long discontinued, I believe; it was good stuff, but I wouldn't knock myself out chasing it down (or paying whatever ridiculous price it's commanding on eBay).

This should be a fun rabbit hole to fall down, because there are soooo many iterations of this idea out there. Good luck, have fun, and keep us posted!

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014
+1 for BVLGARI green tea,beautiful ,although it doesnt last long,if you can get your hands on the body lotion if is fantastic.But only the older formulation body lotion in the flip top bottles with a milky texture,not the newer formulation with a cream texture!

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Tending far more towards the l'Occitane option.
Though not disliking the sturdy yet well made Elizabeth Arden Green tea and in Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale The Vert (plus a few more green tea fragrances by this very same house) and also in the fairly unisex Gucci PH II either.

Latest News