Falcon Leather

pouring

May 22, 2013
I purchased this just before Christmas. As a long time fan of Knize Ten who these days finds it a little too old school, this for me is an amazing modern leather.

It’s smells genuinely like an expensive leather (suede) glove or jacket…

It could / should be branded Hermes for its excellent interpretation of upmarket leather goods.

I have made the mistake of going too heavy on the trigger. It can be overpowering if not applied in the right dose. For me 3 to 4 sprays are just right and I get excellent longevity. 6 or 7 sprays and you gas the room!

I think for al Leather lovers this is at least a must try and more than likely a must buy.

(My wife who is more into citrus or lavender scents is not a fan though)

Curious what other forum member think of this one

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I purchased this just before Christmas. As a long time fan of Knize Ten who these days finds it a little too old school, this for me is an amazing modern leather.
I own Falcon Leather as I do all the other releases from this house. It's a wonderful leather scent and glad you found it to your liking. You're probably the only other person here on Basenotes other than myself that has spoken about this French house.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
I've only sampled the house in-store. It's one of the few niche brands available here.
I thought they all seemed good, high quality for sure, and have been surprised at how many reviewers I'm seeing pan the house.

The only thing I'd really be critical of is the price point, but that's just where niche perfumery is now, like it or not.

L'Aventurier

May 8, 2008
The best of the line for sure, although I really, really love Radical Rose. Too feminine for me in the end but it's incredibly magnetic and just enchanting.

Falcon Leather needs to be discussed more often on BN! I won't be purchasing a bottle because I found it a bit too potent and unrelenting (most of the line has projection and longevity off the charts), but I think that's a positive for most people.

I'd say it's the most realistic leather fragrance I've ever smelled. It smells like brown leather to me more than suede, if that makes any sense. Clean, modern, charming. Leans masculine. There's a bit of a black Sharpie marker note in there that I enjoy (reminds me of Ombre Leather and Dzing), with touches of birch tar.

I'm more into powdery and complex leathers like Knize Ten and Gomma but I still give Falcon Leather a solid 9/10.

pouring

May 22, 2013
Thanks all.

I think it does have a sting birch tar element to it. Lucky that a niche perfume shop in my town stocks the brand….

Whilst pricey, quality matches or exceeds more expensive brands like Malle, Creed etc

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Hmmmm, this is the first I've heard of this house. But based on the positive feedback, I'll definitely look into them and report back if I try any.

Latest News