Elixir Attars Discussion Thread

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
On one of recent orders with him I have a sample just called Marasim that he included and it is excellent I keep it at my desk at work and dab a bit on my wrist. I can't keep from sniffing it. I wonder if this is a precursor to the Marasim Ghaliyah?

Marisim Ghaliya Imperiale is definitely different and he doesn’t abbreviate it on the sample vials. Two different compositions for side.

MGI showcases a much smokier incense and stronger Hindi Oud/peppery leather facet. If there’s tons of Smokey leather it’s MGI.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Marisim Ghaliya Imperiale is definitely different and he doesn’t abbreviate it on the sample vials. Two different compositions for side.

MGI showcases a much smokier incense and stronger Hindi Oud/peppery leather facet. If there’s tons of Smokey leather it’s MGI.

Thanks for the update. I need to source at least a sample now just for a reference point.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
Chypre Royale is in. Briefly tried it, definitely gonna need to take more time with it to unpack it. First impressions - if you are a true chypre lover this should hit home. Juicy citruses up front, oakmoss doesnt take long to show up. Civet isnt listed in the very brief note breakdown but I could swear its there. When I really dig my nose in there is something I dont love, not sure what it is....maybe some kind of resin. Only smell it way up close though. So far - big thumbs up from me.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
Wearing Salalah for the first time today. It’s supposed to be an all natural version of Interlude. It’s spot on and smells much better than the Amouage in my opinion. I’m really impressed.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
Wearing Salalah for the first time today. It’s supposed to be an all natural version of Interlude. It’s spot on and smells much better than the Amouage in my opinion. I’m really impressed.

I'm gonna have to get that one to try it out. Big fan of interlude, and his version of aventus is awesome, much better than the original so if this is the same im sure its awesome

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
I'm gonna have to get that one to try it out. Big fan of interlude, and his version of aventus is awesome, much better than the original so if this is the same im sure its awesome

I wish he would make another batch of the Aventus one. I really want to get a bottle of that back in my collection.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
For those that have tried Iris Chypre in both the spray and the attar format, which one do you prefer?

I'm looking to add another Iris composition to my collection and I think Iris Chypre would be different than what I own to justify the purchase. Besides, everything that I have tried from Ahmed was excellent. I actually own an Iris Attar(Irisoir) and a perfume (Iris Silver Mist). Undecided whether to go for the spray or the attar version of this one.

Balushi

Apr 19, 2020
For those that have tried Iris Chypre in both the spray and the attar format, which one do you prefer?

I'm looking to add another Iris composition to my collection and I think Iris Chypre would be different than what I own to justify the purchase. Besides, everything that I have tried from Ahmed was excellent. I actually own an Iris Attar(Irisoir) and a perfume (Iris Silver Mist). Undecided whether to go for the spray or the attar version of this one.
I do have the attar and while the orris is definitely prominent I don't consider it an iris composition, there is much more going on, I get almost as much jasmine as orris. Saying that, it is really good and would not be redundant IMO.

Paddington

Jun 17, 2021
i have the spray and it enjoy it very much, very true to the name chypre has sparkly ness to it and powderyness i recommend it especially if u like older style perfums

succio

Jun 11, 2016
Im sure others have noticed but seems odd that when you get larger size for some of his items you save $ and others you dont

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019

I tried Ahmed's range in 2017, I believe, all in attar format, and the ones that captured my attention were, in order: Iris Chypre, Spirit of Japan, Sacred Incense, Halawiyyat Sharquiyya and Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare FEA.

I would say go ahead. It is fantastic.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
I tried Ahmed's range in 2017, I believe, all in attar format, and the ones that captured my attention were, in order: Iris Chypre, Spirit of Japan, Sacred Incense, Halawiyyat Sharquiyya and Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare FEA.

I would say go ahead. It is fantastic.
Thanks. Was steering toward the Attar. I have Al Ghaliyah attar and I absolutely love it. With Attar makers, I tend to go for their compositions in the format that they were originally created to be enjoyed. Ahmed is a perfumer and an Attar maker. I feel that his sprays are more or less in order to reach out to a larger audience.

Latest News