Elixir Attars Discussion Thread

Dothraki

Jul 20, 2013
My bottle comes with musk grains AND a strand of hair from the musk pods. Gotta say it gives off a more 'raw' and natural feeling to the composition, which i really appreciate. I was concerned that the hair might affect the juice, but Ahmed clarified that it won't, so that's fine by me.

Nice! It really does lend to the whole raw, natural artisan experience.

Mesirlou

Apr 13, 2020
My bottle comes with musk grains AND a strand of hair from the musk pods. Gotta say it gives off a more 'raw' and natural feeling to the composition, which i really appreciate. I was concerned that the hair might affect the juice, but Ahmed clarified that it won't, so that's fine by me.

I have a Ghaliya attar from Mellifluence, the bottom is filled with musk and some other dark sticky stuff. I just applied it and it was even more funkier compared to 2 months ago. The florals were much stronger smelled sticky. Gonna wear it again tmr.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
Wtf...came home to my package from elixir that was supposed to be 15 ml ghaliya rosarie...and I got an empty box. Like there clearly should've been a bottle there but all that it was, was the wooden box the bottle was supposed to be in. Kinda pissed.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
Wtf...came home to my package from elixir that was supposed to be 15 ml ghaliya rosarie...and I got an empty box. Like there clearly should've been a bottle there but all that it was, was the wooden box the bottle was supposed to be in. Kinda pissed.

Ahmed is usually really good with correcting these sorts of things. I hope this turns around for ya! Hiccups always happen with these smaller artisan houses.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
Apparently it shipped separate of the box, so that was actually right. New problem though, he says the ghaliya shows delivered as well but I didn't get it. I'm talking with him now, hopefully we can get it figured out.

Mesirlou

Apr 13, 2020
Same here. I was told there was supposed be a DHL delivery with the boxes several days ago, but there's been nothing.

Ahmed just dm me on IG saying he is in the midst of sending out the boxes Everyday to the guys who pre ordered RG. Mine Shld be sent out by this week. Seems like they have a lot backlog to clear.

j.zheyii

Nov 13, 2014
Apparently the boxes which were supposed to be shipped together with the bottles were not ready by the time the bottles are to be shipped out, hence the separate shipment, as informed by Ahmed via email. Nevertheless, despite the separate shipment of the box at a later date, I received both packages at the same time (bottle took 2 weeks to reach me, box took 1). So I'd say there's nothing to worry about, unless you haven't gotten a confirmation of shipping for the box, which in this case, you should check with Ahmed.

avo1811

Dec 6, 2018
I got it all cleared up. For some reason (probably my doing) he had my home address and my work address in his system. So the box came to my home address, but the bottle came to my work address. Just sprayed it on! I think it smells lovely but honestly with my allergies as bad as they are, an accurate impression is tough.

bl00drunzcold

Apr 24, 2018
Anyone have thoughts on Gentleman’s Club? I ordered the black 10ml spray last night because the red was sold out, and I saw this morning that there’s now one red spray available lmao.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
I don’t know. I wish I could articulate it. On the other hand I love Mythique so much I ordered another bottle. Just love it.

Mythique is my favorite from Elixir. I feel all the notes come together so beautifully and with his other offerings they sometimes get lost in note soup. I feel like when Ahmed is on point he’s really on point! The notes reminded me of his version of whiskey and tobacco. I haven’t smelled it yet but to my imagination it reads as muddled fruit and bourbon with heavy tobacco and muddy base notes.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
Mythique is my favorite from Elixir. I feel all the notes come together so beautifully and with his other offerings they sometimes get lost in note soup. I feel like when Ahmed is on point he’s really on point! The notes reminded me of his version of whiskey and tobacco. I haven’t smelled it yet but to my imagination it reads as muddled fruit and bourbon with heavy tobacco and muddy base notes.

I love Spirit of Persia, Mythique and Royal Luban and perhaps my favorite, Iris Chypre.

Mesirlou

Apr 13, 2020
My RG box just arrived today together with the sample of Tareeq Al Hareer. The box is really nicely made. Can tell much thought was put into the design.

Finally, that sample of TAH, I immediately did one swipe on my hand right after I showered. Musky, dark, medicinal with a hint of florals at the background. It’s smells complex, but yet welcoming at the same time. Really good stuff.

bl00drunzcold

Apr 24, 2018
Received Gentlemen's Club today. I can't say I'm a fan of it. It's sickly sweet in the opening to me. That mixed with the smoke is too much for me. I've had it on for about 3hrs now, and since the sweetness has died down some, it smells more of tobacco and smoke, and it's better but not something I see myself wearing.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
Received Gentlemen's Club today. I can't say I'm a fan of it. It's sickly sweet in the opening to me. That mixed with the smoke is too much for me. I've had it on for about 3hrs now, and since the sweetness has died down some, it smells more of tobacco and smoke, and it's better but not something I see myself wearing.

sadly that was my conclusion. Some may like it but it wasn't for me. I do love some of his other work fortunately.

JonoBorneo

Jan 30, 2019
Haven’t received GR yet, but I DID receive a generous complimentary Kosmos Di Emilia, and I’m absolutely blown away. The quality of naturals used in this just speak volumes. Here are my thoughts:

This is an extremely well balanced fougere, and really gets to the core of the genre. This opens with bright capital S Sour bergamot, and herbal lavender, but then dries down on my skin into a purple creamy swirl of indolic jasmine, yellow champaca and calming, cooling lavender. Finally in the base, the oakmoss plays nice with the bergamot, and extends that feeling of freshness, while the civet and tonka act to enhance the depth of the flowers. Natural perfumery at its best!! Well done, Ahmed!

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
So was Ghaliyah Rosarie not a hit then?

Thought this would have so many glowing reviews based on the note pyramid.I haven't tried his Edp's so maybe they're not as well received as his attars?

I see a lot more people on Instagram talking about it then on here. I’ve noticed that basenotes doesn’t quite cover the entire scope of these perfumers. At least not their fan bases anyways. Ahmed has a bottle saved for me and I should be picking it up here soon. I’ll report back when I do. With that being said from what I’ve seen and heard it’s a fantastic scent. I for one love his spray perfumes.

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
This is the first and only Elixir Attar fragrance I've tried, and it's impressive. The ingredients are high quality, and while the composition isn't innovative, it's deftly done. It's also more versatile than I was expecting; it's suitable for any situation or time of year. Very pleased with the blind buy.

Castingshadows

Apr 14, 2020
So anyone got their hands on Jinko and Karabakh?

I got all three bottles coming my way.

From what Ahmed was telling me, Jinko is going to be a heavily Arabian/middle eastern style Oud. It’s mainly a strong spicy Agollacha style Oud. I’m excited. My order should be coming in by Friday.

j.zheyii

Nov 13, 2014
I got all three bottles coming my way.

From what Ahmed was telling me, Jinko is going to be a heavily Arabian/middle eastern style Oud. It’s mainly a strong spicy Agollacha style Oud. I’m excited. My order should be coming in by Friday.

I'm jealous! I couldn't get any of the three, and it's uncertain right now if there will be a second batch. I'm kicking myself for missing out. Anyway, do let us know your thoughts when you've received them!

Xcaliber6685

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 18, 2020
Ghalia Rosarie longevity is excellent, at least 12hr+ but projection is merely few inches from skin, the natural deer musk is a tiny bit animalic but nothing fecal, roses are airy and very light.

Latest News