eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume | Page 3 | Basenotes

eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume

bigbloke

Aug 17, 2013
My experience with him thus far has been 1 purchase of 2 bottles a few months ago. Arrived safe but poorly packaged.
Very recently I've been enquiring about white box Tribute availability through Whatsapp and received prompt replies.

I have, however, now read enough to put me off purchasing from him, especially given the risks involved with Customs here in the UK. I shudder to think I end up paying customs a non trivial sum in order to receive my order, only to open it and find a disaster which becomes difficult to recover from.

Tester

Mar 27, 2007
Does anyone have an email address for Mohsen?

I might try and build some sort of rapport with him before ordering. Just need some Montale stuff and maybe tom ford sahara noir....see if he can source it for me if he doesnt have it instore...thanks.

Also are there any other options like universal perfumes who one can buy from in the middle east?

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
How is the temperature of the warehouse or w/e where the fragrances are held over there?

Is it air conditioned?
I think it's pretty much just a dude selling bottles out of his house via the internet. No warehouse. Unknown storage conditions, and a bit of a shady seller. Shop at your own risk.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
How is the temperature of the warehouse or w/e where the fragrances are held over there?

Is it air conditioned?
Impossible to know, but being a small family run business, I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than a small shop where the all the items are stored. Could be air-conditioned, ventilated with fans, or have nothing.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Impossible to know, but being a small family run business, I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than a small shop where the all the items are stored. Could be air-conditioned, ventilated with fans, or have nothing.

Over a year long bump! Haha.

Does anyone know if the packaging has been 'updated'? As in.. better protected?

Thanks!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Does anyone know if the packaging has been 'updated'? As in.. better protected?

Thanks!
Still the same - wrapped in multiple newspapers and plastic bags and shipped in a very lightly padded envelope. Just received a fragrance from him recently. It arrived fine but still slipshod treatment.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Still the same - wrapped in multiple newspapers and plastic bags and shipped in a very lightly padded envelope. Just received a fragrance from him recently. It arrived fine but still slipshod treatment.

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe if a good chunk of people from the frag comm. message about the packaging, then a change will happen?

Constructive criticism?

salim96

Dec 26, 2008
I ordered from him 15/01
He is in Kuwait and I am in Oman, only one hour flight.
I paid for EMS as I wanted it fast.
He is replying on whatsapp, but did not ship as of yet!!

I will open a dispute today if no further response.

Seems like the guy is good but negligent, shame because he has some good stuff

papillo

Aug 23, 2010
Ordered on Jan 31st to the east coast. I expect it to take between 3-5 weeks to reach me as i chose for regular free shipping option . I'll update once i receive my package.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Ordered on Jan 31st to the east coast. I expect it to take between 3-5 weeks to reach me as i chose for regular free shipping option . I'll update once i receive my package.
You're being very generous with the time you're allotting! :smiley:

Félix (Spain)

Feb 26, 2016
Has anyone here bought anything from this eBay seller - Universal-Perfume?
If so, what country are you from and what was your overall experience like?
She has a lot of interesting fragrances and many, many Amouage testers.

Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics from Kwait is not a trustworthy online shop. Some months ago I ordered a perfume from then and I never received it. I asked for my money back and after several weeks waiting for it, so far I haven't received either. I advise not to trust on these people.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics from Kwait is not a trustworthy online shop. Some months ago I ordered a perfume from then and I never received it. I asked for my money back and after several weeks waiting for it, so far I haven't received either. I advise not to trust on these people.
How did you pay for the item? Weren't you able to dispute it with your credit card company or paypal?

Félix (Spain)

Feb 26, 2016
How did you pay for the item? Weren't you able to dispute it with your credit card company or paypal?

I tried to solve the issue in a friendly manner talking to them. Now my patience is over, I have just disputed this conflict with Paypal. Thanks for your comment.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Yes, unfortunately this is the same experience many of us have had with this retailer. When there's an issue, they refuse to acknowledge it. They will not issue refunds or even respond to a problem.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Although never having a problem with this retailer in the past. I have stopped all business with him as it has become just too risky and what he offers can now be gotten elsewhere from other Middles East retailers at comparable prices.

Félix (Spain)

Feb 26, 2016
Already solved. The seller, Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics from Kwait, was refusing to give me my money back but I opened a claim with Paypal and the already solved this issue in a few days. Thanks to Paypal and I advice not to trust on this seller.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Already solved. The seller, Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics from Kwait, was refusing to give me my money back but I opened a claim with Paypal and the already solved this issue in a few days. Thanks to Paypal and I advice not to trust on this seller.
Glad you got a resolution to your satisfaction. :smiley:

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
I purchased some perfumes from Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics almost 5 weeks ago and still waiting...
I emailed them twice to get an update and so far there has been no response whatsoever!
Any idea ,please?
Open an "item not received" claim against them. You're not likely to get a response from this seller, unless you ask ebay or paypal to step in and give you a refund.

papillo

Aug 23, 2010
I just sent an email requesting an outlook within 48 hours or I will take this matter further by contacting PayPal.
What is the matter with this company?
Very poor customer service!!

Do you have access to whatsapp? They are very responsive (at least they were for me) when i contacted them via whats app. Their number is +96599123466. In January, i purchased Kalemat from them and chose regular shipping which he sends via ground shipping. They gave me tracking info after a couple of days, hwoever, this tracking doesnt work until it gets to the U.S. Unfortunately, i still hadn't received my product after 5 weeks. I contacted universal perfumes, and, the seller Mr. Moshen was very responsive to my communications on there (it takes a few hours due to the time difference) and i eventually found out that the package got to my city but was returned due to a probelm with the address. The post office never called or informed me. I was able to communicate this to Universal Perfumes, and they shipped out another package to me, this time i chose to pay extra for the expedited shipping and received it in 5 days. I would try and contact him via whatsapp, and provide your order number, if you do not hear from them, then file a dispute with paypal.

I will definitely purchase from this seller again, but with expedited shipping which can be tracked.

Good luck

Last edited:

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
In my opinion, a buyer shouldn't have to download a special phone app and learn how to use it, just in the hopes that this seller will respond to an issue. Absolutely ridiculous business practices, which many buyers have experienced with this seller. I would simply open up a case for a refund and call it a day, personally...

papillo

Aug 23, 2010
I've never used "whatsapp" !!
Will give it a shot and see how it turns out.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with "Universal-Perfume" and most importantly your advice.
Will keep you posted if you like?
Is "Whatsapp" user-friendly?

Yes whatsapp is user friendly. Its just like another messenger application. If you can use a smartphone, you will have no issues. Look your money is already out there. You wanted to get a fragrance, it doesn't hurt to try one more avenue to resolve your issue. Unfortunately, the website for universal perfumes is not user friendly. As long as you are not out of any time frame to get your refund, it is worth a shot. At the end of the day, your goal is to receive the fragrance you paid for.

Do keep us posted, and good luck to you.

Last edited:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Re: Universal-Perfume SUCKS

I proceeded to order from another company based in Kuwait and my parcel is on it's way as we speak and it takes less than a week to get delivered.
May I ask the name of the other company with whom you have resolved to do business with?

valantis

May 29, 2016
I ordered Armani Attitude 75ml from them,,unfortunately the content it has been expired from bad storage or somebody replaced the real juice with fake!

The whatssApp guy is very rude and he refuse to help me!

I opened dispute with Paypal to see if i can get my 149$ back!

I ordered some fragrances couple years ago with out any problem,,but after this i will not deal with them again!!

Latest News