Eau d'Hermes (Only Fans)

Sinkinggrade

Jun 5, 2019
How many sprays of EdH do you all use? I'm generally an undersprayer with most scents (typically 2-3 sprays under my shirt for most EDTs, plus a half spritz on my arm). Perhaps true to its lineage, this stuff seems to wear more like an EDC, so I've been going with 5 sprays. It's still a skin scent within a couple hours, though the base seems to hang around for a while. Just curious how heavily you all tend to apply.
Eau d'Hermès has always been intense and long lasting (not saying good performer) on me. During summer, no more 2-3 on the neck. Sometimes one spray under the chin does it. With all its iterations, from Pewter Tops to Black Caps.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Perhaps true to its lineage, this stuff seems to wear more like an EDC,

It really is an EDC in all but name.

3-5 sprays to my chest

About the same quantity for me, but on arms and back of neck. That'll last about 3 hours on me, but hang on as a skin scent for a couple hours more. Sometimes I spray my shirt fabric to get a little more life out of it.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
How many sprays of EdH do you all use? I'm generally an undersprayer with most scents (typically 2-3 sprays under my shirt for most EDTs, plus a half spritz on my arm). Perhaps true to its lineage, this stuff seems to wear more like an EDC, so I've been going with 5 sprays. It's still a skin scent within a couple hours, though the base seems to hang around for a while. Just curious how heavily you all tend to apply.
I always oversprayed it. 8-10 sprays

TheJunkman

Basenotes Member
Aug 11, 2020
Alright guys, I am very confused. I am not always the best at explaining stories, but I'll give it a go. I got my 200ml bottle of the pewter cap version today. The cap undoubtedly looks like pewter, which made me realize that the bottle I already had that I thought was the pewter cap, is most definitely not the pewter cap. Since I got it (the bottle that I thought was the pewter cap) I thought it was odd that the cap was, well, black. I knew that the new bottles of EdH have black caps, but I thought it to be the pewter cap version since it was sealed, in a vintage style box, with the vintage style label, and had a batch code of JF1H. This batch code, according to Raiders of the Lost Scent, means that it's a 1987 bottle. Did Hermes use black caps for EdH prior to the new version? Here is a picture of the two bottles, and the box for the supposedly 1987 black cap. I do not have the box for the pewter cap. Also I will add that my pewter cap bottles batch code is XM1B0, which points to 1999. 20220922_210742.jpg

saminlondon

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2011
Alright guys, I am very confused. I am not always the best at explaining stories, but I'll give it a go. I got my 200ml bottle of the pewter cap version today. The cap undoubtedly looks like pewter, which made me realize that the bottle I already had that I thought was the pewter cap, is most definitely not the pewter cap. Since I got it (the bottle that I thought was the pewter cap) I thought it was odd that the cap was, well, black. I knew that the new bottles of EdH have black caps, but I thought it to be the pewter cap version since it was sealed, in a vintage style box, with the vintage style label, and had a batch code of JF1H. This batch code, according to Raiders of the Lost Scent, means that it's a 1987 bottle. Did Hermes use black caps for EdH prior to the new version? Here is a picture of the two bottles, and the box for the supposedly 1987 black cap. I do not have the box for the pewter cap. Also I will add that my pewter cap bottles batch code is XM1B0, which points to 1999. View attachment 294543
I have a bottle from the same period with a cap that looks almost completely black, so I wouldn't worry about it. The bottle on the right looks properly vintage and exactly as it should. It's hard to see from the photo, but is it slightly flecked with silver?

As far as I am aware the recent bottles that use the black cap come only as atomisers, so it's highly unlikely anyone would have reused one on a screw-top bottle.

TheJunkman

Basenotes Member
Aug 11, 2020
I have a bottle from the same period with a cap that looks almost completely black, so I wouldn't worry about it. The bottle on the right looks properly vintage and exactly as it should. It's hard to see from the photo, but is it slightly flecked with silver?

As far as I am aware the recent bottles that use the black cap come only as atomisers, so it's highly unlikely anyone would have reused one on a screw-top bottle.
The pewter cap is more grey than it looks in the picture. It is also a coating on the cap rather than the actual color of the cap, the textured grey can be scratched off to reveal smooth black beneath.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
The pewter cap is more grey than it looks in the picture. It is also a coating on the cap rather than the actual color of the cap, the textured grey can be scratched off to reveal smooth black beneath.
Interesting!

How do they smell, compared to each other? Any differences?
Yeah, I'd like to know this, too (since I was the seller of the pewter top bottle). :)

Latest News