earthquake summers

Felt a quake a few nights ago, maybe a 2.0 or less, and when I get up the next morning I see on the news that part of San Bernardino is on fire, again. Hmm, what perfume to wear for a typical California July?

(Someone really needs to create a fragrance that smells like slightly burnt chaparral and displaced rocks.)

The Miller et Bertaux Green has been doing its duty. It has excellent vibrancy in the heat and while its presence isn't what I'd call pronounced it has a nice habit of lingering on your clothes. Still, now that I have one hot-weather option I want another (of course) and am dreaming of Petite Cherie in that celadon bottle.

But, bought a 1.7oz of Encre Noire instead. (Great sale at Parfum1.) Love this stuff, makes me think of interplanetary spaces.

Blog Comments

Hebe

Mar 8, 2005
(Someone really needs to create a fragrance that smells like slightly burnt chaparral and displaced rocks.)

For some reason, this made me think of the Stephen Jones/CDG perfume. I have never smelled it, but read a review that mentionned hot rocks.

July in California sounds hazardous.

Aznavour

May 22, 2008
I smelled that one: you're right, it does smell like rocks, but more... metallic? Asteroid-y? ;) Though I never stuck around long enough to smell the drydown, so maybe it mellows out.

Actually, I forgot that Roxana Illuminated Perfumes does a chaparral scent but I'm not so hardcore that I'd pay $150 for a few ml!

Aiona

Sep 2, 2006
I could have sworn that last year, someone from Europe had come to Lucky Scent in L.A. to sample things to make a new scent that represented L.A. Someone wrote an article about how he was given burnt chaparral to smell. . . I wish I could find that article.

Add your Comments

Latest News