do you guys spray perfume on your pillow to help you fall asleep?

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Hmmmm ... I feel like that might make it more difficult for me to fall asleep. I go to be scentless.

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
The cheap scents disappear in different ways in my wardrobe.
Inexpensive scents, I do if I know I can buy more easily, however most often I scent my bed with Frankincense, Sandalwood which tend to be the more expensive. Part of that is because I am older and have less time to enjoy all my wardrobe, particularly the expensive.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
I don’t need any help falling asleep. But I’ve sprayed Penhaligon’s Endymion on my pillows before… It’s awesome.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I do. I keep an 8-ounce bottle of Halston Z-14 on the nightstand and spray the pillows down two or three nights a week.

I don't really do it to help me fall asleep, though. I don't have a problem in that area.

zfx

Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Yes. I study late at night. Di Ser has been a godsend to quell mindracing and curb mild OCD. Otherwise I will have the same problem sets scrolling through my mind’s eye like a trip on the Willy Wonka tunnel ride until 3 am.

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
l spray along the top edge of my duvet cover rather than my pillow. That way the scent is right under my nose rather than behind my head.
l've found one has to careful in choosing which fragrances to use though, as the wrong choice certainly can keep one awake.

Favourites for me are Samsara, L'Heure Bleue, & Nag Champa by Ava Luxe. These are all very soothing to me, & if l wake during the night, l can sniff contentedly until l drop off back to sleep again. :sleep:

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Never so far-while usually the SOTD application and even overpspraying rate personally used is in most cases enough to scent the pillow and/or pillowcase anyway even if inadvertently.
And therefore also to contribute at least in part/inadvertently to any possible improvement of sleep as well as of falling asleep.

mitsouko.

Basenotes Member
Jan 17, 2022
I did for about a week using Vol de Nuit. I stopped because I felt like it was ruining the fragrance for me, lessening it into a pillow scent.

philosophe

Sep 15, 2019
Haven't ever sprayed anything directly on my pillow, but we have a diffuser that we like to put fragrance in. Usually inexpensive scents, or samples we don't want to wear. CK One Shock, for example, makes the room smell delicious.

Latest News