Do not buy from Decantshop anymore

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
Besides that I had to wait 3 months to get the samples, and pay 20% taxes to customs, there's yet another mishap.

Just tried my Joop Jump! sample and that's definitely not Joop Jump! I'have had many bottles in the past and just wanted to revisit the scent.

I think he put a mix of CK One and ISO E in there (maybe that Escentric Molecules fragrance?).

Jul 7, 2012
Besides that...

Besides WHAT? Your post began in mid sentence and went downhill from there. Where's the first half? Besides what?

Decantshop is in the U.S. It's not their fault you had to pay customs and taxes. Order locally next time. If you can't find someplace local, then factor in the expenses of having to order internationally.

It's been a while since I ordered from Decantshop, but my experiences with them were excellent. Better than that, actually.

I'm suspicious. You aren't particularly active on basenotes, and most of your posts are questions about clones which means it's not likely you'd know the real thing if you smelled it.

I think mods should lock this thread. It isn't right to accuse businesses of malpractice when you don't know what you're talking about. You've also accused another site before and had to apologize. It's even more peculiar because you yourself praised decantshop.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I tried DecantShop again recently, waited a month, filed a PayPal dispute, and then they shipped. Overall, it was ok, but they’re not my first option.

DÉCANTShop

Mar 11, 2014
Hello everyone.
Yes our orders might take a few days extra, sometimes weeks to ship them out and we are working on resolving that issue. I apologize.
We have been serving the fragrance community for about 9 years now. Although we make mistakes occasionally with orders, we do not intentionally try to and we are pretty good at correcting our mistakes.
Jay-Lux'eau, if you think you recieved the wrong perfume, we can resend you another one.

DÉCANTShop

Mar 11, 2014
Besides that I had to wait 3 months to get the samples, and pay 20% taxes to customs, there's yet another mishap.

Just tried my Joop Jump! sample and that's definitely not Joop Jump! I'have had many bottles in the past and just wanted to revisit the scent.

I think he put a mix of CK One and ISO E in there (maybe that Escentric Molecules fragrance?).

Jay-Lux'eau

Here is a picture of our Joop Jump bottle which we decant from. if it says Joop Jump on our decant, and we have a perfectly serviceable bottle to decant from, it is most likely Joop Jump unless we messed up and sent you another scent by mistake.

76597270d384f532224ec39567e2771d905ce16db95298376d41a98a8876dcaefa82c2ab.jpg

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
Besides WHAT? Your post began in mid sentence and went downhill from there. Where's the first half? Besides what?

Decantshop is in the U.S. It's not their fault you had to pay customs and taxes. Order locally next time. If you can't find someplace local, then factor in the expenses of having to order internationally.

It's been a while since I ordered from Decantshop, but my experiences with them were excellent. Better than that, actually.

I'm suspicious. You aren't particularly active on basenotes, and most of your posts are questions about clones which means it's not likely you'd know the real thing if you smelled it.

I think mods should lock this thread. It isn't right to accuse businesses of malpractice when you don't know what you're talking about. You've also accused another site before and had to apologize. It's even more peculiar because you yourself praised decantshop.

I have a nose like Kurkdjian.

That sentence is grammatically correct, you have to read it as: Besides (the fact) that I had to wait 3 months to get the samples...

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
I have a nose like Kurkdjian.

That sentence is grammatically correct, you have to read it as: Besides (the fact) that I had to wait 3 months to get the samples...

You mean a bit rounded in profile????

o.39.jpg

Lol.

Jay-Lux'eau

Here is a picture of our Joop Jump bottle which we decant from. if it says Joop Jump on our decant, and we have a perfectly serviceable bottle to decant from, it is most likely Joop Jump unless we messed up and sent you another scent by mistake.

76597270d384f532224ec39567e2771d905ce16db95298376d41a98a8876dcaefa82c2ab.jpg

The juice might be stale leaving only the iso E and some lemon synthetics.

I did receive an e-mail once from DS stating that they will buy your used bottles, which is fine but it can lead to receiving a stale bottle if you don't pick up on it.

If I can get a paypal refund for the Joop Jump sprayer that would be nice and I'll see what I can do about changing to title of the thread to something less negative.

DÉCANTShop

Mar 11, 2014
The juice might be stale leaving only the iso E and some lemon synthetics.

I did receive an e-mail once from DS stating that they will buy your used bottles, which is fine but it can lead to receiving a stale bottle if you don't pick up on it.

If I can get a paypal refund for the Joop Jump sprayer that would be nice and I'll see what I can do about changing to title of the thread to something less negative.

Hi Jay-Lux'eau

Your original post quotes;

"Just tried my Joop Jump! sample and that's definitely not Joop Jump! "

Your respond to the image that I have sent is as follows;

'The juice might be stale leaving only the iso E and some lemon synthetics. '

So we went from "definitely not joop jump" to our Joop Jump bottle being 'might be stale'

That is definitely a positive turn on your end should prove that the title of the post not being fair at all. Which is fine. Everyone is entitled to post their opinions. Whether if they are true or not.

While we ensure the authenticity and the quality of our decants (backed by our reputation and serving the fragrance community for almost a decade) unfortunately we can not guarantee you will like every single scent we send you. Its a personal taste. Some might like the scent and some might not. It is what sampling is.

I can not refund your purchase but i will issue you a store credit for it if you reach out to us and mention this post via email.

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
So be it. I've used up like 4 or 5 bottles Joop Jump in the past but don't take my word for it.

Best of luck with your business.

Latest News